Underhanded

Ok let's take a second to laugh at this pic I found ^ XD

Y/N - your name
E/C - eye color
H/C - hair color
H/L - hair length
S/C - skin color
(You are now 9 years old)

(Y/n's POV)

Emilia gasped as she caught me and Hugo play the piano(I really hope she didn't see us about to kiss). She immediately walked right up to me, panic in my voice I calmly called out to her "E-Emilia....it's not what you think I was just-"

Slap

Emilia had slapped me across the face making me fall back on the piano. She grabbed my arm and yanked me up while I covered the cheek that was now red. Hugo suddenly raised himself and his voice as he yelled out to Emilia "Leave her alone!" Emilia shoved him back pointing directly at him making him cower before her as she said in a serious tone "This doesn't concern you, mute! I'll be back to deal with you later!" She dragged me out of towards the door but not before I yelled out Hugo's name and told him not to worry. After the door shuts Hugo dropped to his knees, hands covering his face as he began crying silently thinking she'd do something bad to you because of what he did.

(With Emilia..)

Once the hallway was cleared of people she shoved me against the wall and put a hard grip on my neck. I could feel her nails digging into my skin."What's the meaning of this (y/n)!? When did he become a mute and what were you consulting with him?!" I held onto her grip as she slowly began to loosen it so that I could speak. "I had only found out just today..! I was only with him because it felt like he needed someone." I rasped out loud adding another comment. "And I should know what that feels like, wouldn't you agree, Emilia?" I gave her a smug grin as she scoffed at me, releasing her grip. "You better not have forgotten about our little arrangement, (y/n)." I laughed at her "Why'd you think I vented out all my frustrations on a monkey? Unlike the people here he didn't really have the capacity to spill the tea with any of his so called scientist friends." I paused for a moment before looking away. "At least until today.." Emilia then gave a sour look as she turned her head whispering coldly "Oaks.."

Emilia had Zane and Greta come along to watch me outside of Hugo's room as she went and to get Lio and Song. I was so nervous. I didn't want anything bad to happen to any of them. Minutes later Emilia came with Lio and Song who brought out Hugo behind them. She came up to us and faced the three of them demanding their explanation. I made eye contact with Hugo as he did the same mouthing the words 'are you ok', to me as I nodded. He felt a little calmer after that but we were interrupted by Lio's speech to Emilia. "Ok, Ok. We...we were going to tell you about our progress. But...but...but we had to confirm the results." Emilia didn't seem to believe one word of it. "Yeah, I just watched a monkey play a piano solo with (y/n). I'm not stupid. They're pretty much confirmed. So, which formula held the mutagen." Song and Lio both looked at one another until Song faced back to her "We..don't know." Emilia looked upset "Excuse me?!" I mean they are telling the truth. "You had us give him three variations just today." Song exclaimed at her. Having Hugo take three doses of formula like that would be confusing for anyone so it could be seen that way. "And who knows whether this was a delayed effect or a reaction between two different formulas-

Emilia interrupted Lio before he could finish. "Then I'll do it myself. We're so close to turning these mutes back into the animals they are." Hugo looked away discomforting. I felt so bad for him that I wanted to rush over to him cuddle him, telling him that everything will be alright. "Zane, take a sample." Hugo widened his eyes after hearing Emilia say that.