THIRTY-EIGHT

Amy had planned everything out to perfection. I don't even know why she called me to discuss things with her yesterday. There wasn't a single thing that I could have done better. Party planning had never been my forte.

I felt bad that she had to do so much work because of me but she made it clear an abundance of times that she enjoyed it. I would've questioned her if I couldn't see her excitement bubbling out of her when she explained everything about the ceremony to me.

As promised, Amy shows up at the house a couple of hours before the ceremony to help me get ready. She's dressed in a floor length, one shoulder, forest green dress with her hair tied up in a bun and red lipstick.

"Damn, girl. You look hot," I exclaim as I welcome her inside.

"I know, right?" She spins slowly to show off her glamorous outfit.

"Come on, time to make you hot too," she orders, dragging me upstairs.

We head to Liam's room, which is now my room too, apparently. It still feels weird calling it our room but it's a good weird.

Luckily, Liam got all my stuff sorted out before I returned home yesterday so I don't have to worry about being embarrassed of all the mess we created yesterday.

Liam is sitting in one of the chairs, doing something on his laptop, when Amy and I barge into the room. He's wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt and his hair is still wet from a shower.

"Scram, Liam. We need the room," Amy orders. Liam looks up at me in confusion and I just shrug.

"We can go to my room if you want," I say, nervously.

"This is your room, April," he rolls his eyes and gets up. A grin finds its way onto my face as Liam pecks my cheek and leaves.

Amy immediately gets to work. It takes her almost an hour to do my hair which she styles into a gorgeous bun with a few strands around my face.

I'm pretty good at doing my makeup but Amy is better. She spends the rest of the time doing my makeup and the end result has me swooning. She went hard on the eyeshades and then complimented it with a light, pink lipstick.

My hair and makeup is complete but I'm still in jeans and a zipped up hoodie when Liam returns.

"Seriously? You guys are still not done," he sounds both shocked and irritated but his eyes immediately soften when they land on me.

"All of this takes time," Amy states while gesturing towards my face and I find myself blushing under Liam's intense gaze.

"I'm almost ready, I swear," I squeak.

Liam shakes his head and makes his way to the closet, shutting the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Amy helps me into my dress. She steps back and checks everything one last time before finally approving the way I look.

It's in that moment that the weight of what I'm about to do finally hits me. After tonight, I will be a part of this pack. And not just any part, a Luna. People will have expectations of me and I will have to be a leader.

I thought I'd be able to do it but what if I'm not ready? Things are going great with Liam but what if something bad happens? Will being a Luna mean that I have to be stuck here forever? Will I even be able to leave when I am bound to so many people as a part of their pack?

"Hey, April," Amy yells, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I can see from her expression that she's worried and I begin to panic even more.