FIFTY

I stare at myself in the mirror. The lacy, black lingerie does a terrible job at covering up any part of my body. It helps because that is kind of what I'm going for today. My nipples are easily visible under the see-through bra and the panties leave half of my ass exposed. Very little is left to the imagination in this outfit, which I am hoping will be enough to entice Liam tonight. I pair the garter with high-heeled, thigh-high black boots. The sound of the door opening downstairs lets me know that Liam is here and I quickly cover myself up with a short, silk, crimson robe.

I am exhausted of Liam being too afraid to touch me and Jade feeling rejected by her mate. Tonight, I am going to end this non-sense. Since constantly telling him he is being stupid has not worked, this will have to do. Because frankly, at this point, it's even hurtful to me when he refuses to be near me.

The door swings open and I spin around to see Liam walk in.

"Hey..." his voice trails off as his eyes land on me.

"What's going on," he cocks his head and asks, confused.

"Hi," I reply, sultrily, as I untie the robe and let it fall at my feet.

Liam's eyes turn a shade darker and a growl escapes his chest as his gaze travels across my body. He shakes his head as if clearing the dirty thoughts away, and blinks hard, before his eyes meet mine.

"April, what are you doing," he asks though gritted teeth. I can tell that this is not easy for him which means my plan is working.

"What does it look like I'm doing," I softly ask, walking towards him.

He doesn't move a muscle as I reach him and trace a finger across his clenched jaw. The turmoil in his eyes gives me hope that maybe he wants this too. I just need to break him. My lips are barely an inch away from him now.

"You know we can't do this," he mumbles, curling his hands into fists by his side.

"And why the hell not," I slowly whisper, trailing kisses across his jaw.

"It's not safe," he groans, still not moving, but I feel him shudder as my lips reach his neck.

"Fuck that," I breathe before reaching my mark and biting it. The large bulge in his pants rubs against me as I murmur into his ear. "I want you."

"April, stop!" He yells, pushing me off.

The pang of hurt that twists my stomach in that moment is enough to bring tears into my eyes. Perhaps Jade was right all along. How could I have been stupid enough to think he would want me when I am nothing but a threat to him and his pack.

"How many times do I have to explain to you that we can't do this until you can learn to control your powers?" His voice sounds angry now.

"I am not going to hurt you, Liam," I shout.

He looks visibly confused by my statement. "Me? I am not worried about myself, April. I am more concerned about you," he says, annoyed.

"I will be fine," I try to persuade him, crashing my lips onto his.

Instead of kissing me back, he pulls away, again. At this moment, I feel my heart break along with my patience.

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Liam. Everything is fine," I spread my arms around, showing him that everything around the room is still and my powers aren't always going haywire.

"For now. We don't know what's going to happen if you're not in control," he starts walking back and forth across the room.

"So you're scared I'm going to break a few lamps?" I yell.