Chapter 6

Hayden Christensen (Brayden)------>

***Dee*** 

I felt myself shake as Brayden went to the front door. Sasha held me close, rubbing her arm up and down my back. Brayden opened the door and I closed my eyes getting closer to Sasha. He wouldn't come here, there is no way he would come over here, and he'd be crazy too. It can't be him. I chanted over and over in my head. 

"Oh, uh can I help you?" Brayden said, sounding embarrassed. Snapping my eyes open I looked towards the front door, but I couldn't see anything. 

"I was wondering if Dee is here." A voice said, one I didn't recognize but sent shivers down my body. 

"And who are you?" Brayden asked his voice stiff. I could imagine him now, blocking the doorway and glaring at whoever was at the door asking for me. Brayden didn't trust any guy who came calling for me, not since the accident. 

"Preston, I'm friends with..." He began but Scott interrupted. 

"Preston, what's up?" He asked. 

"I was wondering if I could come in, I brought over yours and Dee's work that you missed..." Preston trailed off. 

"Oh, I don't know-" Scott began but I rolled my eyes. 

"Just let him in guys, it's not like he's a threat or anything." I said rolling my eyes. I loved them to death but they can be too much some times. 

A moment later Brayden, Scott and Preston walked in. Brayden looked annoyed at the interruption, Scott looked slightly annoyed but curious and Preston looked nervous but happy. 

"Is this a bad time?" He asked looking around the room, at me in Sasha's arms. 

"Yes-" 

"No." Brayden and I said at the same time. I glared at Brayden and he glared right back. 

"Uh-" Preston began, not knowing what to do. 

I glared at Brayden until he hunched his shoulders and sighed. "Sorry, we just don't have a whole lot of time for visiting, family business and all." He said and Preston looked at Scott and Sasha, clearly wondering why they were included. 

"Right, sorry." He mumbled and getting his backpack out and grabbing some papers. He walked over to me and handed them over. I met his eyes and felt that weird pull again. 

"Thanks." I said looking away. 

"You're welcome; I just... wanted to see if you're alright." He said looking embarrassed. I felt myself stiffen at his words. Why would he care? As if knowing what I was thinking he said, "I just don't think it's right what they did, you didn't deserve it." He said blushing a little. 

I cleared my throat before nodding. "Thank you." I said looking away from him. 

He shuffled around a bit before saying. "I guess I'll see you guys later than." I felt bad for him, feeling all awkward and stuff. 

"Yeah, let me walk you out." I said getting up and walking him towards the door. "Thanks again." I said now feeling awkward.  

He smiled at me, his eyes looking deep in thought as if deciding on something. But he blinked and it was all clear. "See ya around." He said before walking out the door and to his car. 

I walked back inside and found Brayden once again glaring at Sasha. Scott looked annoyed at the two. 

I groaned. "Please tell me they aren't trying to start another world war." I said to Scott. 

He grinned and nodded. "They were but luckily I stopped it." 

"Good, now can we please try again and tell you my plan?" I asked looking between Sasha and Brayden. They glared at each other before nodding.