Chapter 2

A/N: Here's chapter 2! Is it too early to start calling you my Spin babies?

Oh well, enjoy, my Spin babies!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As luck would have it, I had another shift with Harry the next day. We closed together yesterday and I could already tell he was going to be a really good fit.

For the store.

I walked in the California sun, iced coffee in hand, only to enter the store to see Danny begrudgingly hunched over a binder with Harry at his side.

"Hey." They both look up at the sound of my voice.

Danny waves his hand half-heartedly. But my eyes were on the person next to him. And his were on mine.

Harry smiles widely, "Hey, Penny!"

I can't help but grin at his enthusiasm. It's very endearing. "Morning, England. What are you guys up to?" I take my coat off and get on my tippy toes to look over Harry's shoulder, my front pressed slightly to his back.

"Uh." His breath catches. "Schedule. The schedule. For the week." He moves from me quickly and I furrow my eyebrows at his strange behavior.

"Oh, cool. Let me see." I see that I work with Harry again day after next and I feel myself brighten at that.

"By the way, Pen, I almost forgot to tell you," Danny starts, sounding bored as ever, "We're going to Liv's on Saturday. You're coming, right?"

I nod, "Always."

I watch as Harry's eyebrows furrow and I figure Danny didn't invite him. "You're coming with us. Obviously."

He gives a small smile but his expression is confused, "Who's Liv?"

"Oh, Liv's is the bar we always go to. Our little hangout spot." I tell him and watch as he nods in understanding.

Danny grunts, "Yup. Penny found it a while back and we sort of just made it a thing."

I hum, "Indeed, Penny did. Because Penny has great taste and Penny knows best." I hear Harry chuckle.

"Penny should never speak in third person again." Danny mumbles with a roll of his eyes.

I laugh and grab his face to squish his cheeks, "Penny does what Penny wants, Danny boy." I press a loud kiss to his forehead.

Harry follows the movement with his eyes.

"Ugh," Danny shoves me off but I see a small smile on his face. "Never do that again, Nichols."

I smile and look to Harry, but he's not smiling. He has a frown on his face and it makes my smile falter. I go to ask what's wrong before I hear what sounds eerily similar to the alarm of an iPhone.

A sound so horrible, you want to slam its owner into a wall.

"Did I overhear you guys are going out on Saturday?" Rachel asks.

I turn around to face her. And fuck no. That's our spot, not hers. But I already know she's going to be joining us. Because Danny has had the biggest crush on her for two years.

"Oh, uh. Yeah, we're going to Liv's." Danny nods at her enthusiastically and practically purrs, "You should totally come with us!"

I roll my eyes and silently pray to whatever God is listening that she won't come. But I watch her eyes go to Harry. "Are you going, Harry?" And she steps closer to him.