Chapter 13

December 1st.

"This is why you need to visit more. Shane tells me none of this!" Caleb exclaims after I explain the almost-kiss between Shane and I.

I laugh. "Sorry. I've been busy. My family left yesterday so I haven't been able to see Shane since."

I'm actually grateful for that. I'm afraid if I deny my feelings for Shane, he'll think I'm leading him on. Why did Brandon make me promise that nothing would happen? I want something to happen.

"Well what happens when you see him tonight?" Caleb raises an eyebrow.

"What's tonight?"

"Support group."

I curse under my breath. "I forgot about that. Caleb I can't see him!" "Well he just went to go play soccer with Connel. So that'll buy you some time. Why are you so nervous anyways? The feels are mutual." I frown.

"Caleb… I sort of promised my brother that I wouldn't let anything grow between myself and Shane."

Caleb scoffs. "The hell did you do that for?!" I'm startled at his outburst.

"I don't know! Brandon said that Shane said something that concerned him. He's my brother; I have to trust him." "You're bloody kidding me right? I don't even trust Shane to get me a bottle of water. You seriously trust your brother that much?" I ponder.

Frankly I don't trust Brandon at all, but he sounded serious. I've never heard Brandon that serious.

"Just trust me Caleb, he was serious."

He sits up slightly and sighs. "Why do I have to play match-maker for you two?" He reaches for his phone on the bedside table.

"What are you doing?!" I panic.

"Calling Shane over. You two have issues." He shakes his head in disapproval. I shake my head frantically and stand.

"No! I can't see him! Not until tonight!" I open the door and rush out. I look back, and crash into someone.

Damn it, please don't be a patient! I turn to see a sweaty Shane, taking the earbuds out of his ears. Well shit.

"Fancy running into you here." He offers me a smirk. This world is too small. 

"Hey."

"Hi-" "Ive gotta run," I interrupt him. "But I'll see you tonight. Six right?"

"Um yeah?" "Great! Bye!" I rush out. Well that couldn't have been more awkward.

*

I can't avoid Shane forever. Refusing to talk in the car, I blasted the loudest CD I owned all the way from his house to the hospital.