Chapter 86 : Lifetime

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The Aloadae are two giants in Greek mythology,

Their names being Otus and Ephialtes.

The brothers were a threat to the gods of Mount Olympus,

So Zeus imprisoned them in Tartarus.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I wanted Liam to feed on me

Now, why will I say that?

To be honest, I find it hard to point out. Mainly because there are a lot of reasons which sound simultaneously reasonable.

Call me 'Selfish' because I didn't want Liam feeding on any other girl. Not anymore. I would hate to see Phyllis switch her emotional crush from Hunter to Liam, like a chameleon in springtime. Don't ask me 'why' because I don't know.

Call me 'Selfless' because I'm ignoring everything Hypnos had said about Liam. Things about him gaining something every time he heals or touches me. But how could I trust someone like Hypnos; a drunk, unhygienic man who wouldn't care less if I died. Besides, everything Liam has done was to protect. So it's hard to think he's willingly trying to harm me.

Call me 'Considerate' because I hate to see Liam so vulnerable. Not to mention the distance he has to take in his weak state just to quench his hunger. What if he collapses with no chance of recovering?

Call me 'Curious' because I'm clueless about how he feeds. Was it similar to Eros' kind of feeding? Or does it differ with every god of emotion?

Liam released an exhausted breath before leaning down, his warm body pressed against mine, somehow canceling the cold breeze as the rain beat against our skin.

His forehead rest against mine. "Are you sure?"

I met his gaze, rich pools of lemon green that seems to pull me under. Behind it lay anxiety, uncertainty, disbelief, and a turmoil of other emotions.