7. Our House

"I just twisted it is all. It's really ok" I say wishing they would just leave me alone about it.

I could tell they didn't believe me but they left it alone anyway. "Whatever you say hun, but you better not be lying." Alice says with her sweet voice. I nodded my head showing I understood. I then turned around and walked, more like hopped, over to my desk and waited for class to start.

Math felt like it went on forever. I have a very bad relationship with math. I don't want to talk about it, it makes me stressed and sad and angry. I pout to myself thinking about how I'm going to get through the school day pretending I am fine, my ankle really hurts. I know I'm complaining a lot about it, but you try walking around on a sprained, possibly broken ankle all day.

I couldn't pay attention well in classes and the day felt like an eternity, but it was finally time to go home. I was ready to get in bed and stay in bed, but first I had to find Hallie because I realized I didn't know if she could drive me back.

I find Hallie in the parking lot by her Holland's car she is talking to another girl who is tall with long blonde hair and has a grunge type style like Hallie's. I get kinda nervous because this girl is intimidating, but I force myself to walk up to them. "Oh! Posie meet Marina." She said right as I arrived. "Hi" I said looking up at the girl who's name is Marina. "Hey." She says casually with a head nod. "This is Holland's girlfriend" Hallie explained. I nodded my head in understanding. "You're cute kid. Well I'll catch you later Hallie." Marina says. "Ok, see you later" Hallie responds.

Kid? She's only a year older than me, although she looked a lot older. Yea I'm short, but I'm not the shortest person at this school. Whatever, many people gave mistaken me for a 9 year old girl, asking if I was in middle school yet or asking what level of Girl Scout I was. Before I could dwell anymore on it, Hallie speaks. "Holland has football practice so I was going to go to the library. If you want you can come with." She offered. I was kinda irritated that Abbie took my car because now I have to stay at school even longer when all I want to do is go back to the house.

"No worries, Alice and I will take you home." I hear a deep, slightly southern voice speak from behind me. I turn a round to see Jasper standing there looking directly into my eyes. I turn back to Hallie with a shocked expression. She just nods at me and nudges me. Usually I wouldn't feel comfortable letting someone I hardly know give me a ride, but I trusted him for some reason so I agreed. "Ok...I guess." I said softly, still a little bit hesitant. Jasper led me too his car, he didn't seem like a man of many words. I was slightly intimidated by him, but I also felt safe around him. It's hard to explain.

As we got in Alice greeted me. "Posie! Hi hun how are you? How's that ankle?" She asked perkily. "I'm good and my ankle is fine." I responded simply. Jasper started driving and the car was mostly silent other than Alice trying to talk with me about fashion. She said she wanted to go shopping with me because she loves my "witchy style" which I said sure to because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

When we passed the street we needed to turn on get get to my house I got a little confused. "Um... I think that's where you needed to turn." I said guessing that they just didn't know the area well, which is kinda of odd for a town this small. "That's because we are taking you to our house." Alice says. "Oh?" I said a little bit nervous and unsettled. "Our dad is a doctor and we want him to take a look at your ankle." Jasper explains. I feel a little bit better but I'm still kinda nervous. I really don't like doctors and I'm afraid that I am going to have to pay to get an x-ray or something.

I'm pretty in my head the rest of the car ride, so I do t notice when after 20 minutes we pull up to a big house with big glass windows. "Here we are!" excitement lacing here voice. Jasper opens my car door and I hesitantly step out. My stomach gets butterflies as he touches my back and leads me to the front door.

Hello my lovely readers. This book has gotten a lot of views since I last updated (which was a little while ago and I apologize for that) so thank you! I've been pretty busy with school and volleyball. My school has fully gone back so I'm going there every day which is a lot and it's my first year of highschool so it's kinda stressful and I'm sorry if I don't update as frequently but imma try. As always, vote and leave comments. But before you leave I have a question! Do you all know of any poly books that are really good? If so please leave the names in the comments!

Love y'all❤️

-Z