Chapter 24

Dawson
It's been a good hour of up just cuddled up in my bed. I'm pretty sure Karter fell asleep cause she's laying on top of my chest breathing heavy as I play with her hair and scroll through tiktok.
When she wakes up I've got so much to tell her about my brother, the hug, and how my best friend is a major bitch. I know eventually I'll be able to forgive her she's my ride or die we've been through allot together but right now I'm furious.

School is off because of some holiday and it's Wednesday so me and Karter have all day to spend together. Her arms tightens around me and it makes me smile I think she's waking up but I just want to sit in this moment for awhile, this amazingly adorable and don't forget sexy as helll girl snuggled into me in my bed. This all almost feels like a dream but it's not:)

"Ah no did I fall asleep"
in her cute sleepy voice Karter lifts her head and tries to fix her hair.
"Ya but only for a little bit, you ready to head out?" She smiles and jumps out of bed grabbing me hand pulling me with her. If anyone else tried to yank me out of bed like she just did I would've thrown a damn fit but when she does it I can't help but smile back at her and go along with it.
"Okk Okk let me put shoes on and we can go, Where are we going by the way?"
She looks at me with a sly smirk that usually means she has a surprise in store for me.
"Oh come on not a secret place, just tell me pleaseeeee"
I put on a puppy dog face but I can tell she's not falling for it

"Nope you are just gonna have to find out, I'm taking you on an adventure" she threw her shoes on to and grabbed her keys from my dresser and practically ran to her car dragging me along with her. Once we both had our seatbelts on she started driving somewhere and I tried to figure out where we

where going but it was useless I didn't know any of the streets she was taking. She turned the radio on and Victoria Monet came on and I'll tell you this song made me wanna tell Karter to park the car so I could hop in her seat. I stared at her as she drove, and managed to sneak my hand onto her thigh and left it there the whole car ride, Karter was blushing.

During the car ride I told her about how my brother knew about us and got out my frustration about Val. Karter knew all the right things to calm me down and talked me the whole way about ways to confront and fix everything.
"We are here" she parks the car and gets out running around the car to open my door before I even had the chance to. I look around and see we are at a part of the Everglades and it's beautiful. The way the sun reflects of the water and the little heads poking out of the water from gators. The area was amazing and breathtaking and the best part of it all was that I was with her.

"Do you like it?" She looks over to me with this stupid grin and instead of answering normal I just grab her and pull her into me. I needed this just a beautiful view with my new favorite person. We stayed embraced in each other for awhile then I pulled away and looked into her eyes and stared at her for a good minute.

"Is there something on my face" she laughed at me.

"Just perfection"
I'm trying to be smooth and I can't tell if it was or just cringed. I guess smooth because a second after it came out of my mouth she pulled me to her and kissed me. I kissed back matching her energy and played with her hair. Kissing her right here and now was perfect.

I guess she was planning this for a minute because she went back to her car and pulled out blankets and a basket filled with snacks. We sat down in the sand near the water eating snacks and staring out to see airboats pass by.

The best part was there was absolutely nobody else around it was just the two of us and the gators watching jealous that I'm with the prettiest girl in south Florida. The thing people don't realize about the Everglades it you can be 15 ft from the gators but as long as you stay out there way and not in the water your safe. Plus the airboat coming by scare them so much they wouldn't dare leave what they deem safe.

"So good day or what?"

She had this goofy grin on her face and I thought I'd mess with her a bit.

"Mmm it could've been better" her grin fell and I instantly felt bad.
"I'm kidding this was the best day because I was with you" and the grin is back

/////
I haven't posted a chapter in so long I've gone through so much since starting this story and fell into a really bad time in my life but I'm finally happy I'm in a healthy relationship and have the best friends I could ask for and I'm a college lacrosse player now which is crazy but I released this right when I wrote it Ik it's short and got some typos but enjoy