delicacy||Jiang Cheng

[Fluff]

Source: Mo Dao Zu Shi, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, The Untamed

~

"Shut up, Wei Ying, I look fine."

"And I'm telling you you don't. Trust your gege." Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, fixing his topknot as Wei Ying hovered around him, picking at the younger male's red and gold robes. Jiang Cheng scrunched up his face, ceasing the meddling with his hair to turn back to look at his adopted brother.

"Who even let you in?" Wei Ying gripped the area over his heart, dramatically pretending to feel faint.

"Aiyah! A-Cheng is so cruel! (Y/n)-er let me in, of course! At least he loves me." Jiang Cheng grit his teeth. Of course (Y/n) would. He was a sweetheart. Sometimes Jiang Cheng wishes he wasn't so as to avoid situations like this. He thought he'd told his fiancee directly that Wei Ying was banned from the ceremony for various purposes (not personal ones...mostly). Jiang Cheng growled a little, going back to fixing his hair as best he could while ignoring Wei Ying. He needed to look perfect for the ceremony, otherwise he'd rather impale himself on his own sword. He studied himself in the reflection of his small circular vanity that he had borrowed from Yanli-jie.

His heart was beating a mile a minute. This ceremony had to be perfect, he had to be perfect. (Y/n) was already so amazing, he only deserved the best. Wei Ying watched his younger brother's brow crease and his lower lip get worried between his front teeth, the fingers messing with his topknot growing unorganized and frantic. The demonic cultivator had come to the wedding of his own jurisdiction (there was no way he'd miss his little brother's coupling), but he had been asked to check up on Jiang Cheng by (Y/n). Wei Ying grinned mischievously as he snuck up behind Jiang Cheng, playfully tugging on the fine baby hair that escaped the topknot.

"Aiyah, look at you trying to fix something already perfect. Are you getting cold feet?" Jiang Cheng nearly choked and instinctively pulled away from demonic cultivator, spinning around to yell at him again, but stopping as he was met with soft eyes that betrayed the smirk on Wei Ying's face. "Are you going to keep your husband waiting? If you do, I think Er-gege and I will take him." Jiang Cheng spluttered and clenched his fists tightly, barely calm as Wei Ying started corralling him outside of his room. 

"Wait, wait! I'm not ready!" Wei Ying rolled his eyes and gave Jiang Cheng one last shove towards the courtyard.

"At this pace, you'd never be ready." The courtyard was already decorated, covered in red and gold, looking as joyful as ever. Waiting for him inside the ancestral home was the love of his life, facing his direction curiously. And for once, Jiang Cheng felt frozen in time. He couldn't see (Y/n)'s face clearly beneath the red veil, but he could tell that the biggest smile was spread out across his handsome face. Jiang Cheng's heart soared, and the breath he released felt like his first breath ever, invigorating him. He'd never admit it, but Wei Ying had been right, he thought as he marched to his place beside (Y/n), full of nerves and jitters. He should definitely trust his gege more. 

---

AAAAAAAAA i hope this is okay, i know how the gist of how traditional chinese weddings go (the three bows) but i couldn't find anymore than that, so i hope this is okay. on the other hand, MXTX GIVE ME JIANG CHENG AND WWX RECONCILING AND BECOMING BROTHERS AGAIN AAGAAHHHHH