Yato x Reader

{Angst & Fluff}

Requested by @DarkKitty44

Source: Noragami

Artist: Official Art

~

Today was (Y/n)'s birthday and he was finally turning 14. He had waited so long for today and was so excited. He had sent invitations for his party to everyone he knew. It had his address, the time, the date, and it even had a fancy wax stamp that cost 50 cents per envelope. After he sent them out, he got to work getting the party ready.

2:30 pm, 2 hours til Party

(Y/n) had everything set up and was currently baking the cake. He had invited several friends from school and a dozen friends outside of school. He was sure they would come. I mean, they were his friends, right? Right.

"We'll have so much fun! We'll play games and eat cake! I don't mind if they forget to get me anything. Having them to celebrate with is enough!" He said happily as he waited for the cake to finish. Nothing could ruin this day.

4:30 pm, Party time

No one had arrived yet, but that didn't mean no one would come. (Y/n) sat in his chair, waiting for a knock on the door or the ring of the doorbell.

'They're probably just stuck in traffic.' (Y/n) thought nervously.

6:30 pm, 2 hours post party

The candles had burnt out and (Y/n) had cried enough tears to fill a public swimming pool. Everyone he had invited, every single one of them, had come up with some petty excuse to not show. They didn't even wish him happy birthday. (Y/n) slumped down in the wooden chair he sat in as tears threatened to fall from his eyes again.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to wait a bit more." He thought.

11:50 pm, 8 hours post party

(Y/n)'s tears had dried up and were replaced with anger. He had trashed his apartment, destroyed the cake and broke his oven. He now sat back in his chair, head of (h/l) (h/c) hair resting on his arms. In his hand, he played with a five yen coin. Sleep started to cloud his mind as he spoke.

"I wish I had a friend. Someone to stay with me no matter what." As he spoke those last words, he closed his eyes and fell asleep. Behind him, stood a ravenette god, who skillfully pried the coin from (Y/n)'s dainty, (s/c) hand.

"Your wish," he muttered before he kissed (Y/n)'s smooth forehead.

"Has been heard loud and clear."

~

Stop with the pity party references, I fucking know