Chapter thirty five

⚠️THIS IS IMPORTANT⚠️: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO WITHIN THE LAST FOUR DAYS THEN LISTEN!! I CHANGED IT FROM A MONTH HAVING PASSED TO A YEAR WHICH IS KIND OF IMPORTANT

One week. Seven days. Ten thousand eighty minutes. That's how long it took to get whatever the hell drug he'd been under the control of out of Jason's system. One week of utter torture for Jason, and one week of on and off dissociative fits  for Percy. Luckily, summer was just starting, so Persephone's near constant dissociation wouldn't interfere with the  classes she'd worked so hard to catch up on. She wasn't planning on going to college. Scratch that, she wasn't planning anything, she had nearly been killed by her favourite brother, gotten shot, and didn't really expect much more out of her life. The fact that she'd made it to the summer after senior year was already exploiting her life expectancy. 

On that chilly Wednesday evening, Percy wandered aimlessly around Central City. For that week, she hadn't attended to her duties as Maritime, but she preferred to walk the streets of Central, seeing as during her time there, she'd come to know the city like the back of her hand. Her long and meaningful strides had taken Percy to one of the few places in the city that she'd yet to visit.

She stood in front of a basic suburban house, though the people who lived inside were anything but your basic suburban family. She brought her hand up to the pristine white door and delivered three sharp knocks, she took the customary step back and waited.

"Hello?" A tall, muscular blond opened the door. 

"Hi. Mister... West?" She greeted. She really, really, wanted to talk with Wally, talk wasn't the right word, but she needed a hug and she was sure Wally could provide. "I'm Percy Jackson."

"Allen, actuall, but please, call me Barry. So you're the one that Wally goes on about," He moved aside to let her in, to embarrass his nephew as his wife, a redhead who clearly had some blood relation to the young adult she had come to visit, stepped out of an unseen room of the house. "Wally starts to accidentally use his superspeed when he goes on his rants about you. 'Oh she reminds me of the sea'" He laughed, quoting his nephew while his wife, who Percy had yet to be introduced to, called for the youngest of the household.

"Barry!" She lightly smacked her husband's chest while she laughed in his arms. "I'm Iris, don't mind him trying to embarrass poor Wally. You know how young love is, can't blame the boy."

"Um... Nice to meet you both. Do- do you mind if I go find Wally?" She asked while she pointed to the stairs that Iris had just scurried down.

"Not at all, don't let us get in the way of you kids." Iris said with a welcoming smile, and Percy took the okay and made her way up the stairs, looping and wringing her pointer fingers, registering every little noise and movement as she found the door creaked open to see glimpses of red hair and the guy it belonged to tugging on a canary yellow shirt.

"Keep the door open!" Barry shouted from downstairs, only for Wally's now fully visible face to turn many shades redder that his hair.

"Hey Percy. Wh-" He was cut off by the raven haired girl hugging him with a newly found strength. He wrapped his arms around her and cradled her head while rocking her back and forth lightly. She sighed into the crook of his neck, sending shivers down the redhead's spine. "Dick told me what happened..." He started, Percy nodded into him, clinging onto him like a lifeline. Her eyes were shut tightly, she had her arms hooked under the speedsters arms, and she was playing gently with the hairs on the nape of his neck as Wally continued to sway with her and whisper sweet words of encouragement to the fragile girl.

Eventually, Percy let go of the taller and they moved to the bed, the demigod curled up at Wally's side while a random Disney movie played on West's laptop. His arm hovered lightly around her shoulders, nearly resting on her back, he hesitated to let his arm fall around her, though it felt so natural, until Percy pulled his hand down, telling him it was okay. She tucked her left arm into her chest, her hand falling right under her chin, while her right arm was draped over Wally's torso. Percy's soft breathing hitched lightly as Wally turned, from having his whole back on the white clad mattress to facing her. He took her hand gently, using his own fingertips to trace around the girl's long, slender, and calloused fingers. She looked into his green eyes surrounded by a sprinkling of freckles, not having the energy to tilt her head up to really look at the man before her, instead gazing into his forest green eyes through here eyelashes than now held onto the remnants of tears shed only after she felt completely safe in the redhead's arms.

"Wally?" Percy whispered, she decided that she wanted to tell him. Her lips were left slightly parted after the barely audible murmur left them.

"Mhm?" Wallace hummed in acknowledgement, trying his hardest to memorize the evermoving eyes of the young woman before him.

She hesitated before she spoke. "Please don't freak out when I tell you. I want you to know but right now I can't handle the pressure of you freaking out." Wally furrowed his brows, wondering why Percy was taking the time to ask for him to remain calm. "I- I'm a demigod."

Thousands of questions surfaced in Wally's mind, but for the sake of the fragile girl he'd fallen in head over heels for, he decided to go for the timeless "Oh?" imploring her to elaborate, but not forcing her to say anything that would be out of her comfort zone.

"I'm the daughter of the greek god Poseidon." She gulped and felt her eyelids getting heavy as she gave vague details and subconsciously scooted closer to Wally, burrowing her nose in the crook of his neck as she took in the speedster's heat. Wally let her sleep, noticing how tired she was, and promised himself that he'd do some research regarding greek deities despite him being a man strictly of science. 

He would go to the ends of the earth if it meant he could see Percy's mischievous smile grace her lips once again. 

I don't own Percy Jackson or any DC content.

⚠️THIS IS IMPORTANT⚠️: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO WITHIN THE LAST FOUR DAYS THEN LISTEN!! I CHANGED IT FROM A MONTH HAVING PASSED TO A YEAR WHICH IS KIND OF IMPORTANT

p.s. Writing this was absurdly hard. It feels so awkward to write this sort of thing, I feel like I'm invading the privacy of the fictional characters that I control. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this shit chapter. So I changed the timing a little bit so that Percy will be turning nineteen in a couple of 'months'. I made this change 'cause Wally is older than Dick who was a legal adult when the story started so I wanted Percy to not be a minor when the couple-y shit started.

Much love, Victoria <3