Chapter Eleven

"Torin." King Romulus called.

       "Yes your highness?" Torin answered.

       "I hear there's been a breach at the north wall. Will you send the Base B militia to investigate? I can't be getting my people unsettled." King Romulus ordered.

       "Yes my King, I will see to it." Torin bowed his head and grinned as he began treading towards the door.

       "Oh, and Torin, I want you to accompany them and report back immediately. You're the only one, I trust, that will tell me the truth." The King added.

       "Yes, your highness. You can always rely on me." Torin exited the room. Before leaving the palace, Torin equipped his execution sword and put on his battle uniform. When he exited the palace doors, he could barely see the breach through the city lights, but a few merfolk were staring. Many of them calmed down after seeing Torin swim towards the walls. Finally, he met with the guard in charge of the militia base with a medium sized bag full of gold coins.

      "Alright Torin, I did what you asked. Did you bring your end of the bargon?" The guard whispered.

     "Oh yes, I have your payment. You swear on your life, nobody knows about this?" Torin asked.

      "Not a soul, sir. Just me and you." The guard said.

     "I will make sure that no one ever finds out." Torin said as he unsheathed his sword. It was large and made of iron. The handle was made of onyx and silver. It looked nothing like the other weapons used by royal personnel. Before the guard could react, a sword was lodged in his chest. The guard spat blood on Torin's uniform, and twitched as he crumbled to the ground.

     "You bastard." He coughed. His blood rose through the water as life left his eyes. . Torin pulled the sword out of the man's chest, wiped it clean with a cloth, then implanted it back in its sheath.

     "That'll keep you quiet." Torin jeered to himself. He swung his body toward the wall. A figure wearing armour was seated on top of all the rubble. They were sitting straight up and their legs were crossed. Torin swam up to greet them.

      "I assume you're the man I will be partnering with?" He asked. The figure removed their helmet.

      "Actually, I'm the woman you will be partnering with." She said as she whipped her hair out of her face. "I'm General Arlot, but you handsome, can call me Athena." She flirted loosely.

      "Oh, my apologies." Torin started. "I'm Torin. Follow me, we have work to do."

(Author's Note: GUYS ITS GETTIN' GOOD. Anyway thank you so much for keeping up with this story. Just a reminder that I am posting on WebNovel as well if you want to check it out there, but DON'T WORRY I LUV U GUYS so I'm not leaving Wattpad I promise, but if you are a fan of having scheduled updates I recommend reading on there because I already have a schedule in place. OF COURSE I will try to keep a schedule here, but imma lil forgetful. Sorry this is so long, I had a lot to say lol)