6

Vrishali's voice trembled as she addressed her mother, "Ma, I'm feeling so lost and alone

Vrishali's voice trembled as she addressed her mother, "Ma, I'm feeling so lost and alone. I can't seem to grasp anything, and there's no one here to guide me." She spoke with a heavy heart, her eyes drifting to the desolate walls of the room.

"Vrishali. . . Why don't you ask Naina's help? I'm sure she would be happy to help you." Vrishali groaned. "I did, and Naina is sweet, but her mother isn't. I don't know what beef she has with me. But I'm trying to be calm." 

"She isn't happy with the wedding and has always favoured Radhika. Can't say anything about it." Vrishali exhaled. "True."

Diya Kumari ensured no one helped her. Vrishali knew Diya Kumari didn't like her, but she didn't expect Diya Kumari to hate her. She tried being friendly, but that wasn't helping. 

Today marks her third day in the palace. Falguni Devi had fixed their first night. This would be her first day sleeping in the same room as Padmanabh. She hadn't had a proper conversation with him yet. She spent the past two days with Falguni Devi and Naina. 

Her cousins called in the evenings and teased her about the upcoming first night. Vrishali didn't know how to react. It wasn't something she was looking forward to. Vrishali ended the call and was looking at the pictures when someone knocked on the door. The door opened, and in walked Naina.

"I was about to call you," Vrishali said as Akshita and Akshay rushed in after Naina. I'm really sorry about my Mum. She can be unbearable sometimes." Naina mentioned that she isn't talking to her mother. Naina fell in love with Arjun and married against her Mother's will. 

"I have never worn a saree in my whole life. I don't know how to drape it." Naina smiled. Even I had issues with sarees, but YouTube saved me." Naina went to the bed where Vrishali had placed the saree. 

Naina helped Vrishali with the saree. Vrishali concentrated on how Naina was draping the saree. Akshay and Akshita got bored and ran away to where their dad was. "So, you and Arjun shifted to Mumbai because of Arjun's business?" 

"Yes, we both met in London. He was my senior, and I was the―Scared, shy junior. His friend's sisters were my friends, so we got the chance to hang out together." Naina smiled at Vrishali.  "Fast forward, here we are with two kids, living our life together."

"I― I always believed I would be meeting someone, going out on dates with him, probably moving in with them before marrying and settling down. I― I never thought I would be marrying first." Vrishali looked away when her smile turned sour and sad. 

Naina gently tapped Vrishali's cheek. "I don't know why they rushed your wedding. We didn't get the chance to meet you and get your opinion. All I can say is that you can always― Always move or end if you are uncomfortable in this relationship. No one will stop you from finding your happiness and comfort. I'm sure you had your reasons, but trust me, you can end it if you don't like my brother."