4

Riddi and Nandhini stood before the door, wondering whether to leave Vrishali alone or enter the room. Before deciding anything, they watched their grandparents along with their chacha and chachi.

Riddi and Nandhini nodded their heads before leaving. They are too shocked to digest the news. They are happy, though; they are still determining if Vrishali will accept.

They knocked on the door before entering. Vrishali is packing her clothes. Gauravi looked at her husband.

"Vrishali, please hear us." Kalyan Mewar spoke softly. Vrishali shook her head, dropping the cloth. "You can't do this, Dadu; marriage isn't a joke. I'm not ready for this."

Vrishali huffed. "I'm not even ready to date anyone, and here you are choosing a groom! Wow!" Vrishali chuckled harshly. "I don't even have words for you all."

"Vrishali, if you like someone, you can tell us. If you don't, please don't refuse this wedding. I know you are young and not ready for the marriage, but hear me out."

Kalyan Mewar signalled everyone to step out as he wanted to talk with her alone. "We are in the 21st century, Dadu! Don't I get to choose the one?"

"I know. . . I know. . . But tell me, you have these many friends, right? Did you like anyone?" He sat beside Vrishali.

"No."

"You didn't like anyone because they were not the one. Sometimes, we meet everyone for a reason; their part in our lives gives us a reason. I know the man sitting with everyone is a stranger to you. But aren't we all strangers when we first met?"

"I saw that guy right from his childhood. He is a good person. I couldn't miss this. It's hard to find a good man to care for you."

"I don't need him to take care of me. I can take care of myself and earn my livelihood." Kalyan Mewar chuckled, patting her hand.

"I know, you can take care of yourself, but there comes a time when you wish someone would just be there for you. . . Take care of you. . . Take care of your things. . ."

"You wouldn't understand that now. Because you are young and have got friends. But what about later years? Once you enter adulthood, your friends will be busy with their own lives that revolve around job―Home―job. Your parents get old and they won't be able to join your outdoor plans. Your mum or dad wouldn't be able to pamper you when you are tired at days."

Vrishali took her time processing the words, but she couldn't understand why she had to marry early. "Dadu, I'm not telling you I would stay single forever. . . I will marry when it's time. I don't want to be alone in adulthood― It's not my time to marry yet."

"Now is the right time. Make it your time and marry him. He is the one, Gudiya."

"But Dadu, don't I get to spend time with him to know if he is the one or not?"