SCP-110 - Subterranean City

Item #: SCP-110

Item #: SCP-110

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The entrance to SCP-110 is to remain closed off at all times unless otherwise permitted by O5-█. The land covering SCP-110 (roughly 6 square kilometers) is to be developed into a suburban area that will not attract the attention of the general public. Any movement that SCP-110 might make is to be explained as "minute seismic activity". Further complaints are to be ignored.

Description: SCP-110 is an entire city that was found buried 0.5 kilometers underneath a large farm in [DATA EXPUNGED], New York. Survey Teams 2 and 3 concluded that the amount of surface area that the city is buried under covers approximately six (6) square kilometers. Numerous items of high interest have been discovered within SCP-110, and will henceforth be labeled as SCP-110-xx.

Known History of SCP-110

11/08/19██: A large earthquake occurs in rural New York, far from any city centers. The only casualties were a man and his dog, so no significant media attention was given to the event.

15/05/19██: Minor earthquakes continue to occur in SCP-110's general area. The US Federal Government dispatches a team of geologists to the site to determine the cause. Results come back inconclusive.

16/05/19██: SCP-Excavation Team 03 is ordered to investigate the site. Upon arrival, the team is greeted by SCP-110-01, who is then detained and moved to [DATA EXPUNGED] for further questioning.

24/05/19██: Information gained from SCP-110-01 and SCP-███ reveal that there has been a large temporal disturbance in the area of SCP-110 that has been causing earthquakes due to displacement of soil and rock. Another SCP-Excavation Team is sent to the site.

09/02/20██: After many months of work, SCP-Excavation Teams 04 and 05 are only able to reveal the strong, impenetrable, concrete-like shell of SCP-110. Investigation is halted until further information becomes available.

25/07/20██: Due to the recent decoding and decryption of the files contained on SCP-███, schematics of SCP-110 have become available. Excavation teams 04 and 05 are sent back on-site to locate the primary entrance of SCP-110.

04/08/20██: The entrance to SCP-110 has been discovered, and the excavation teams are immediately met with what can only be described as a "foul odor". SCP-110 had been an active Class-4 city, but due to a temporal accident, its core services were heavily damaged and the entire city was displaced. Work begins to cover up the existence of SCP-110, its excavation, and the thousands of dead civilians inside.