Epilogue

•••

•••

Evie was running and running in the woods. It had been hours and she was still looking for him. He left again. He abandoned her again. But the difference is that she didn't know where he was. She had no idea what he wanted to do. She had no idea if he would ever come back home, come back to her. Everything was doing perfectly. They were finally together. They were finally dating. They were happy together. They had a lot of dates, they spent a lot of time together. But then, they all received the invitation card for the wedding. Bella's and Edward's wedding. He didn't take it well. He didn't take it well at all. He was going to lose her for good. Bella would become a vampire. His enemy. He couldn't handle his feelings anymore. So he phased and left. And he never came back. No one knew where he was. Billy was worried too. It was his son after all. But he knew he couldn't do anything. He felt so useless.

So here she was, running in the woods, calling his name. But nothing. He wasn't there. He was already far away. Far away from her. Her pace slower, at the point, that she was now walking. She felt like her world fell apart again. She was so broken. The pain she was feeling was unbearable. She felt like she was dying. The rebreaking bones process was nothing compared to what she was feeling now. He left her. Again. Evie felt like all her energy was fading by the second. She had no strength anymore. No faith anymore. She fell on her knee as the tears fell down her cheeks. She leaned on the tree next to her and put her hand on over her mouth, trying to cover her sobs. But she was trembling, the tears couldn't stop falling. Her heart was destroyed. He left her. Again. He broke his promise. He abandoned her. She kept crying and crying for what felt like hours. She was so broken that she didn't hear the man that was coming closer to her. He kneeled down, and embraced her, engulfing her in a warm and supporting hug.

"I'm here for you, Evie," Embry said, tightening the hug. "I'm here,"

Evie then held onto him as if her life depended on him. She sobbed harder. Embry was telling her kind and supporting words, trying to comfort her. But he knew that it wouldn't help that much. How would she recover from the pain of her imprint disappearing? Was it even possible? He didn't know. But he hoped so. Evie meant a lot to him. He hated seeing her like that. But he will do his best to bring back her beautiful smile on her face. He will do his best to make her happy. He will do his best to bring joy back in her life. The joy that Jacob took away from her by leaving her. Again.