16.

We walked down the street in awkward silence. I casually looked around the street, at the children playing about in their uniform and the continuous movement from people around us. I looked at everything but Luniko.

"So, how was school today?" He asked in an attempt to start small talk.

"It was okay, can't complain really...and you?"

"Good, I guess"

Silence.

"Well I was almost in a fight this week" I said trying to break the ice and Luniko's eyes looked like they wanted to pop right out of his head.

"Are you serious, why? What happened?"

And I began to explain the whole theatrics of the event that took place. Luniko was completely in shock most of the time and his laughter was so contagious it forced me to laugh along and basically removed all the awkwardness.

After a ten minute walk we finally reached the ruins where we were met with a couple of other guys. Luniko dapped them then introduced me to them, one of them being the star of this whole show, Neo, Luniko's model.I felt a tad bit uncomfortable seeing that I was the only girl out of a group of about 4 guys and we were at old abandoned ruins close to dusk.

Yoh Melo you should've thought this through.

I kept my phone close by me, sending Sindi my location for extra assurance and making sure I had her on speed dial. A typical day in the life of a girl in this day and age. This was standard procedure whenever me or Sindi went out.

"Hey, chill, I'm here you'll be fine" Luniko whispered as he rubbed my arm to comfort me and I felt a bit relaxed, still very vigilant of my surroundings.

Luniko set up his equipment while everyone else made sure they looked camera ready.

"Alright, is everyone ready" Luniko yelled and then it was as if he went into a trance. He was focused and it was intriguing to see.

I sat and watched from one of the concrete slabs and debris that was scattered around the place and watched as Luniko did he's thing. I found it quite fascinating how he knew exactly what to do, the correct angles and how he managed to manipulate the light to work in favor of his model. His use of the soft light and the graffiti-ed walls to produce an urban setting was amazing and I was in awe. I couldn't help but take pictures of my own. He's focus was admirable.

The shoot took no longer than 30 minutes and Neo seemed to be very impressed with the pictures Luniko produced. I helped Luniko pack his equipment and we started walking back to my place.

"You're really talented, you know that?" I said and he looked straight in my eyes.

"Thank you...really it means a lot to hear that from you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean a lot of people tell me I'm good but I feel like they only say that to make me feel better but hearing it from you means a lot because I respect your judgement"

Wow, Luniko respects my judgement. Is now a good time to bring up the whole Siya thing? ...Nah don't ruin it.

"Thank you"

"It's still light out, wanna go bamba (grab) a Kota, my treat though, just to thank you for being with me today"

"Ah...I don't know"

"Don't worry Melo, I'll get you home before the lights come on, I know you hate being out late"

"Ah...Okay fine but this time I'm paying"