Chapter 2

The paperwork takes most of my afternoon and by the end, I have a legit ID that states I am an employee. Everything feels like a dream and I cannot believe how I really got in. Do I even deserve it? Will I be good at the job? And millions of such questions start weighing me down as Yoon Aa Ra-nim shows me around and promises the cafeteria to be the best part.

She has asked me to call her Unnie and not Sunbae as she is just a couple years older than me. I comply happily as I try the word 'Unnie' around in my mouth. She reassures the pronunciation is perfect.

"Let's visit your cabin first and then move to the cafeteria, okay?" Aa Ra Unnie tells me.

Yoon Aa Ra-nim had politely learnt my name and tried saying it to the best of her abilities. I was already liking everyone's attitude here.

She stops in front of a small cabin and opens it with a key, motioning me to go inside. The room is cosy and small with a glass door, perfect for an introverted writer. I set my bag down as she starts explaining the login process for the desktop.

"You must be hungry, right? Let's have some food and then begin with the induction?" Aa Ra Unnie asks.

"Yes," I reply. It's 3 PM already and the cafeteria is empty. The place is huge with different types of vending machines lining the walls and numerous menus visible on a board.

"What will you have?" She asks me as we move towards the food line.

"Is there any vegetarian food available?" I ask her, reading the menu for today.

She motions towards the vegan food menu and suggests some familiar western options. A smile graces my face as I read Curry Rice on the list. I ask her about it and she nods approvingly.

We both sit down at a table with our food, as she checks her mobile for client emails and messages

We both sit down at a table with our food, as she checks her mobile for client emails and messages. She then puts her phone down and smiles sheepishly, apologising for being distracted.

"So how did you end up here?" Unnie asks while flawlessly using chopsticks to eat rice. I need to learn that ASAP!

"I have previously worked with two organisations that specialise in Digital Marketing. I was also briefly employed with a news media network." Aa Ra Unnie looks impressed and motions me to continue. 

"I needed some change which led me to Big Hit's job opportunities. Never knew I would get in but took the chance anyway. I didn't believe it was real until I set foot in the building."

Aa Ra Unnie lets out a snort and is trying to hold back an ugly laugh but I encourage her to go ahead. She bursts into the loudest laughter I have ever heard while muttering sorrys in-between.

"Are you serious?" She asks with a grin. I nod which causes her to giggle.

I finish my Curry Rice which was far from being Indian but was good nonetheless. We both discard our trays and she informs me that we need to go and meet Jeff, the Head of....gosh I need to improve my Korean vocab!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guys! I hope you have liked the story this far. Lemme know what y'all think in the comments or just a vote or dm sounds good, too! Love ya, readers & ARMYs!

So for non-Kpop fans: 

Unnie - An honorifics used for your older sister
Sunbae - An honorifics used for your seniors
Name -shi - A general honorifics which stands for Miss/Mr.