Chapter 1

I pull my luggage from the conveyor belt and set it down beside me while looking for my other bags. The huge Incheon airport has me mesmerised and makes reality even more obvious. 

I am 22 years old and have landed a job in Big Hit Entertainment all the way from India

I am 22 years old and have landed a job in Big Hit Entertainment all the way from India. Yeah, I don't believe it either! Why would Big Hit want a writer fluent only in English, Korean and Spanish on the payroll is beyond me, but I am really expecting it to be some kind of a scam. At least the change of scenery won't hurt me. 

I roll my baggage out of the airport on a trolley and look round for a taxi. One cab pulls up beside me and the man gives me a once over.

Before he can judge my brown skin any further, I ask him in Korean, "Can you take me to Gangnam-do, Ajusshi (Mister)?"

He stares back in a quiet manner, maybe it is because of the Korean I am speaking or do people not ask taxies if they are willing to go to a location? At least from where I come from, which is Mumbai, you need to ask the cabbie if they are willing to go to a certain place and then proceed to sit inside.

"Definitely!" He replies. 

A press of the button and the trunk opens. I rush behind the cab and put all my bags in. As we travel from Incheon to Gangnam, I stop thinking about the job and enjoy the view. The city is obviously gorgeous, just like they show in the Korean dramas, but I guess the experience makes it more surreal.

From what my POC from Big Hit informed me, I need to find my apartment which an agent helped me with and then report to him for the joining procedure as an employee. 

The cabbie halts in front of my apartment building which surprisingly looks very posh! I pay him and start gathering my bags from the trunk. As I am getting ready to say thank you, he asks me if I am a foreigner. I reply with a yes. He points down the road and tells me about some good places around the corner for a quick meal.

This entire trip from the airport, he didn't utter a word and here he is saving me from having to look up restaurants online. I am surprised by the generosity and bow down by saying, "Gamsahamnida (Thank you)!"

There is a password required for accessing the building and thankfully my agent had told me about this. It is a fully-furnished studio apartment which is small and very pretty. I quickly put my things away and hurry to the shower. 

It is 11 AM already, I have to go to the new Big Hit building to get the paperwork done, if there is really any job at all! Though the POC had given me the option to join the next day, I didn't want a day off and wanted to see for myself if this really was true.

I change and call up Mr. Kang, the person I mentioned, who asks me to come to their new office in Daechi-dong, which they had moved to a couple of months ago. With the help of Google Maps, I walk to the place which seems pretty far with all my documents.

Just as I reach the entrance of the humongous and overwhelming building of Big Hit Entertainment, a man approaches me. Here goes everything!

"Are you Miss Aanush-ka Wadiyar?" I expect him to butcher my name, but he does pretty well!

I nod in a puzzled state. He motions towards the entrance and slowly it starts sinking in that I am really working for Big Hit, one of the big fours of South Korea!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guys! This is my first try at a Fanfiction. I really had fun writing it and thinking of how the story shall proceed. Love ya, readers & ARMYs!

A small note about BTS for people who aren't familiar with them: BTS is a Korean boy band who are signed under the company, Big Hit Entertainment. The group consists of seven guys and they mostly make Korean songs.