Chapter 1

*Phoenix's POV*

"I'm telling you, Lil. She was turned." I say to the thousandth time to Lillian.

"How can u be such an optimist, Nix? She's dead and I know it." She says.

"How can you be such a pessimist?" I say. "Any who. Come on before we miss our flight." I practically drag her out of the house.

*Time skip to on plane*
"So if we don't find Rose, what do you we would find." Lily asks, quiet enough so only I can hear her on the plane.

"More vamps with your diet?" I suggest.

"Dream on, Phoenix." She says.

See, Lillian is a vampire. But she doesn't drink human blood. Instead she drinks animal blood, causing her eyes to be golden instead of crimson red.

Once we got off the plane, we get a taxi to our new house. Yes we live together because she is the only family I really have.

*Time skip*
After I ate, me and Lil sat in the living room having our normal arguments about what language minions speak- one of the normal topics- where minions came from and what species minions are. Let's just say we both love minions and have TONS of arguments about them. Friendly arguments though.

"They speak Spanish mixed with French mixed with Japanese." (Idak What they speak, I'm just making stuff up.) Lil argues.

"No, no dear sister. They obviously speak minionese." I counter.

"What is with you and that made up language."

"It's not made up if minions speak it."

"Alright. We will continue this conversation tomorrow. Time for the human to get some sleep." Lily says.

"It's sad that you don't sleep. You don't know what your missing out on." I brag.

"Just go." She says, annoyed.

"Ok. but first, what if we actually do find more vamps with your diet. What if you- or I- find our soulmate." I ask before going upstairs.

"I don't know, Nix. But we will wing it if we do." She answers. I then go upstairs and fall asleep quickly.

*Time skip to morning* (sorry there are so many time skips.)

"Time for school, Nix." Lily yells at me, jerking me awake.

"Uhhhhh." I groan.

I hate school for three reasons. One: It's not Hogwarts. Two: there are judgmental teenagers. Three: It's not Hogwarts.

As you can clearly see, I love Harry Potter and I am still waiting for my letter to Hogwarts to come.

"I know you hate school, but we have to. Now, get dressed. I made food for you." Lil says before walking out of my room that she just walked into.

I get dressed in a white shirt, jeans and a black hoodie with my house-Ravenclaw- symbol on it. I put my fire red hair into a semi braid. I walked downstairs and I quickly eat the breakfast Lily made for me.

(Imagine fire red hair)

As we were driving, we had a conversation about school.

"Are you ready." I ask Lil as she drives.

"Not at all. I'm always afraid someone is going to recognize what I am or bad is going to happen to you." She answers honestly.

"Awe. As much as I love the Abnegation side of you, nothing bad is going to happen to me." I reassure her.

We arrive at school and go to the office, ignoring the stares we got. Before we enter, I grab her hand and squeeze it.

"Remember," I tell her. "we do this together, or not at all."

"Together or not at all." She repeats. It's kind of our saying. Then we walk into the office.

"Hello. My name is Lillian Hendrick and this is my sister Phoenix Hendrick." Lil speaks for us.

She uses my last name in school because we act like sisters and we live together so at school we have the back story of being actual sisters. And even though I seem like the confident one, really she is. I'm only like that around people I know or trust. Otherwise I'm really shy. Though I do have my moments when I can be upright mean. That's only to wannabes and stuck up brats.

"Yes. Here are your schedules, locker numbers and a map of the school. Here is also a sheet you need each of the teachers to sign." The lady at the desk says, handing us various papers.

"Thank you." Lillian said before we walked out of the office.

Word count: 740

Vote. Comment. Follow.