Chapter 43

Chapter 43 Reencounter in an Alien Land

"Dadenghan" means big golden pond or lake in Mandarin. It is said that a long time ago, this area was one of the watercourses of the Ruili River. The high terrain resulted in a huge vortex, and after the river changed its channel, a village was gradually built on the land.

Along the road, each house in the village owns a clean and spacious yard, as well as a huge backyard planted with various crops such as banana, grapefruit and bamboo. There are traditional bamboo houses and two-story brick and timber houses. No matter what the structures are, the houses are mostly tall, tidy and bright, and red couplets in Dai writing are stuck on the gate of some of the houses.

Flowers and plants thrive on the fence. A bucket hangs over the stone well, proving that this affluent village still enjoys watering the field and working in the traditional way.

Lin Luoran loves the environment here and she is quite exciting along the road.

Lin Luoran notices that some local people are looking at them. She smiles at them and can always get a friendly smile back.

Liu Zheng's uncle is not used to doing a covert transaction of raw stones in such a pleasant place. He says with a frown, "How come the Burmese choose such a place this time? Professionals of our industry now act more and more like amateurs."

Liu Zheng answers noncommittally, "Maybe the risky place is safer for everyone. Nobody else will ever imagine us doing business in Dadenghan."

A local person who has been peeping walks towards them and says, "My dear friends from afar, are you here to travel?" He touches his nose three times with his right hand.

"Drop it. We are friends of Mr. Zhang. Stop sounding out."

The smile of the man becomes more vivid. He invites them in.

Lin Luoran laughs to herself. They look like members of an underground organization who are having a secret meeting.

The Dai man leads them into a farmyard. Under the large green leaves of the banana tree inside, a bunch of people are making noises. Lin Luoran sees that Mr. Zhang, Sister Wang and the guy from Guangzhou are here. Plus the unacquainted people, there are almost thirty persons huddling in the small yard.

Liu Zheng greets Sister Wang and chats with Mr. Zhang, then introduces to the crowd that Lin Luoran is the new purchasing consultant of his company. People who have witnessed Lin Luoran cutting open stone last time are here, and they all congratulate Liu Zheng for having this "goddess of luck".

Certainly, the congratulations are all lip-deep. Lin Luoran doesn't know their real thoughts and she doesn't care at all.

It is strange that she can't find Fatty Cui anywhere in the yard.

As Liu Zheng is chattering with the host, Lin Luoran checks on people here secretly. Fatty Cui's figure is so outstanding and Lin Luoran is now sure that he is not here.

As expected, Lin Luoran sees Elly and Li Anping standing under a grapefruit tree. The ostentatious Miss. Elly brings several guards with her. However, Elly is still bitten by the bugs in Ruili and she is now losing her temper because of the red spots on her hands.

Li Anping notices Lin Luoran the moment she comes in.

The average temperature in Ruili is around 21℃. Even though the temperature varies greatly from morning to evening, Lin Luoran is only wearing a thin camel wind coat for her physique is improved by all the cultivation. Lin Luoran's hair is in a ponytail, which is simple but cute.