[2] ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

THE AIR WAS CRISP, the lawn freshly mowed, the birds chirping cheerfully, it could only mean one thing-school

THE AIR WAS CRISP, the lawn freshly mowed, the birds chirping cheerfully, it could only mean one thing-school. I mean school isn't a bad thing. I was quite thrilled to go to school today, why? Eric.

Since the party I was mesmerized by those dark green eyes and those lips too. Eric and I have kept in contact since the party-we've become somewhat friends? Thing is I don't want to be his friend, I want more. When Eric kissed me that night, something inside me woke. I felt alive, the sensation of him caressing me just made me want to go all in. I don't really care if people think that it's too soon and that I hardly knew the guy, but there's something about him-something extraordinary.

My new school, St. Xavier is like a boarding school. They have a uniform; a white long sleeved blouse with the school's emblem, which happens to be a Griffin, kind of Harry Potter style, which is totally wicked. A black fit and flare skirt just above the knee and black shoes; any kind really as long it is black.

I look at myself and twirl in front if my full view mirror, the outfit isn't really that bad. I curled my light brown hair into beach waves which cascaded past my shoulders, and added a little makeup to finish up. I picked up my bag and slide down the the staircase of my new home. By the foot of the door I see Daniel.

So, here's the story about Daniel, he was in love with my mom since high school. My mother, Alison fell in love with my dad, Spencer and were high school sweethearts. Daniel still loved my mom even after she wed my dad and he was my mom's man of honor at her wedding. My father knew Daniel had loved my mom as much as he did, well more in fact. So when my dad was on his death bed, he told Daniel to take care of my mom and I as his own-but Daniel had already thought of us as his family. Daniel had married my mom when I was about ten years old, they dated for 2 years then decided to make it official. I love Daniel, he's like a father to me and he's a wonderful husband to my mother. My mother realized she really loved Daniel after everything and they have been happy ever since.

"Morning D!" I chirp, as I walk to the kitchen.

"Morning L!" he says, as he follows me to the kitchen.

We stepped into the kitchen and see my mom. She was by the stove cooking, her hair tied up into a bun and attired in her business suit. Since taking over the family business, mom made it her mission to balance professional life and home life equally.