24 | tolstoy and vasilisa

A/N: The song above isn't on the playlist but it fits the chapter so well so go listen to it while reading if you want!

     Writing this book had been so surreal for me because I can somehow relate to Presley, and I know someone who is very much like her as well, minus the sick part.

     Like Presley, I'm not very fond of happy endings, and like her, I loveee Vasilisa The Beautiful and The Firebird so much so she's also basically like me, thus why her story holds a special place in my heart.

     Also, there will be small excerpts from the russian fairytale: Vasilisa the Beautiful or Beautiful Vasilisa, so I want to take the time to say a disclaimer that it is not mine, and I don't own it.

    Thank you so much for sticking until the very end, I had this book planned out in my mind and I'm so very satisfied with how it turned out. So far, its probably one of the works i'm proudest of.

     Here to remind you, that life isn't always going to be a fairytale. So, happy reading!

     FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, Presley had been drifting in and out of consciousness

     FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS, Presley had been drifting in and out of consciousness. And Neil had been in and out of the hospital, switching between Welton Academy, Henley Hall, and the hospital. He's been having zero sleep, but he forces a smile on his face as he enters Presley's room, with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

     She was sleeping as he approached her bed. Her compilation of fairytales were on the table in the side of the room. Walking towards the table, he places the flowers on top, sighing momentarily.

     Turning back to look at Presley, he walks towards her, and gently sits down on the bed to lay down beside her. She stirs a little, but she doesn't open her eyes. He caresses her now blonde hair ever so gently, momentarily pressing a kiss on her forehead.

    Presley was half awake, and proceeds to snuggle into Neil. This makes Neil crack a smile, as he puts a protective arm around her. She looked so peaceful when her eyes were closed, like an angel, with the mind of a devil.

     This thought made Neil chuckle softly as he continues on caressing her hair lovingly. He was supposed to be at Henley Hall to practice for tomorrow's show, but to hell with that. He had to ensure that Presley could get to see his performance, he had to.

    "This feels nice." Presley mumbles. "I want to stay here forever." She flutters her eyes open and looks up at Neil. The boy swears he could hear their hearts beat in sync as he lets out a shaky breath.

     "Me too." Was all he could say.

     "Read to me." Presley says, "Read my favorite fairytale to me, Neil Perry." She was pale. She was sickly pale, and Neil's heart shatters as he smiles down at her. He then stands up to retrieve the book from the table, quickly going back to help Presley sit up the moment he saw her attempt to.