03 | coronary stirrings

THE SMALL INTERACTION between Neil and Presley did not go unnoticed by Charlie, who had been dying to tease Neil about it. Although the boy with raging hormones was yet to decide what he thought about the girl, she was the first girl he saw that didn't falter in front of a crowd of teenage boys.

     "That was weird." Was the first thing Gerard Pitts says as the boys moved to the other building, carrying their books in their arms.

     "But different." Neil counters, who walked alongside the tall boy. He had to admit, Mr. Keating was a peculiar english teacher. And not to mention Presley who spat out random facts and her opinions when no one seemed to know the answer.

     "Spooky if you ask me." Knox says, his eyebrows furrowed in doubt.

     Charlie scoffs, finally getting the time to say something, since had been itching to do so. "While we were being visited by the ghosts of hellton, Neil over here was taking his precious time talking to Ms. Presley Ross." Sarcasm was evident in Charlie's voice as an embarrassed Neil turns to look back at him momentarily.

     "What do you mean? We were just talking!" A smile had now appeared on Neil's face upon the mention of the girl's name. He couldn't help it, because for some reason, he just felt like he would be significantly attached to her.

     "Sure, sure. Talking." Charlie narrows his eyes at Neil, amused at the boy's evident embarrassment. More like flirting, Charlie thought to himself. He was about to say it out loud when his conscience decided to stop him last minute, deciding to settle on staring at Neil with a knowing smirk on his face.

     Neil, on the other hand, was a flurry of butterflies in his stomach. He couldn't understand the fact that he was already feeling these kinds of emotions despite having to know Presley for less than a day. It just didn't make sense.

    Was it love at first sight? He didn't seem to think so.

     "But anyway, think he'll test us on that stuff?" Cameron asks, looking to the boys with a genuine look of question on his face. Everyone thought Cameron was stupid as they gave him a pointed look as if to ask what the hell.

     "Oh come on, Cameron. Don't you get anything?" Charlie, who was annoyed at Cameron, replies with an irritated tone in his voice. Funny how a single sound that would come from Cameron, would kill Charlie's whole playful aura.

     As Charlie walked ahead of Cameron, the ginger was left to question. "What? What?"

          PRESLEY WAS LEFT to wander the halls of hellton once more as the moon rose into the star studded and vast expense of night sky

     PRESLEY WAS LEFT to wander the halls of hellton once more as the moon rose into the star studded and vast expense of night sky. She found herself exiting the door, and out into the chilly open air, as she inhaled in the addicting scent of pine and fresh air, intoxicated by the wind that seemed to tickle her exposed skin.