Chapter Two: The Dream

I remember the smell of metal. I woke in a daze. It felt like all the blood has drained from my body. It has. I lied in a pool of blood. I couldn't recollect how I got here. I hear faint sirens in the distance. Blurry red and blue flashing lights quickly approaches me. There is a ringing sound in my ears. It was cold. I don't know whether it's from my lack of blood or if the night is just cold. I see blurry figures standing over me with flashlights.

  "Is she alive?" I hear one of the cops ask the other. I wanted to respond, move, or something to let then know that I'm alive but I had no energy to do so. I tried to get up but I felt a Sharp pain and everything went black before I hit the hard concrete.

  I bolted up. Before I was even half way up, I hot something. Everything was pitch black which wasn't a surprise. It seems like I've been blacking out lately. But I wasn't blacked out. I was fully conscious. I realize that the gruesome events were just a dream. Not a dream but a nightmare. I assume that I'm in the trunk of a car. Don't ask why. Lets just say I've always wanted to see how it felt when I was younger. I was so stupid. Thought that everything was fun. Its not until you experience it first hand. I've always wanted to be kidnapped. I took all of the movies and breaking news as a joke. I regret that feeling.

  The car was continuously accelerating. My arms and legs were aching from the way that they were positioned so I could fit in the trunk. The trunk was smaller than average. I was very uncomfortable.

  The cat came to an unexpected stop. I heard a click. Then I felt a gush of cool air as the trunk opened.

  "Good. You're awake. I won't have to carry you."  I stayed silent.

  "Giving me the silent treatment eh? Its not exactly my best day either. In the past five hours I kidnapped a girl girl who I didn't want to kidnap and drove all the way out here."  I noticed something shiny and black peeking out from his pocket. I hope to God that it's not what I think it is. If it is, I know I'm dead. My mind went into panic mode. I began to screzm. Louder and louder.

  "You can kick and scream all you want. It won't make a difference to me. We're in the middle of nowhere. There's no sign of civilization for miles."  He wore a serious/ scared straight look on his face.

  "What are you going to do to me", I asked nervously. I'm scared straight for my live right now. I saw a flash of worry and deep sadness in his eyes but it only lasted a second. I knew immediately that he didn't want to do this. He just wanted his sister. She probably means a lot to him. All the family he has left.

  He didn't respond. Instead he reached for the black shiny object now quite visible in his jacket. I assumed he was going to take it out but instead he pushed it deeper into his black leather biker jacket so that it wasn't noticeable.

  "Get up."

  "Uh. Both of my hands and legs are tied", I said realizing that it's probably not the best time to be sarcastic. He took an exceptionally sharp knife out of it's holster which was attached to his belt. I think to myself, this is really going to be a long night.