Chapter Nine: "I need answers!"

Question: Have you ever had the flu? Did you get the coronavirus? What's the worst sickness you've had?

Chapter Nine: "I need answers!"

"How the fuck did you get the flu?" Liv asks on facetime.

"I have no idea," I respond, coughing.

I've been laying in bed for the past three days. I'm surprised to say this, but I want to go back to school. I miss Jordan. Sure it's nice not doing anything, but I'm starting to get bored. I've been reading and watching One Tree Hill the whole time, and sometimes Max would join me. Surprisingly no one else in the family got sick. Just me.

"I still can't believe Max sang to you. That is the cutest thing ever! I want a guy to sing to me," Riley pouts.

I roll my eyes, "You keep bringing it up. It's not a big deal."

"Um, yes it is! He fucking sang to you! The only other guy I know that sang to a girl was Sam Cahill to Macy Anderson in the first book when they were laying in Macy's bed and she couldn't fall asleep. Remember he sang Beside You by Five Seconds of Summer? So fucking cute. And he did it because he was madly in love with her," Riley argues.

"If you're trying to tell me that Max is in love with me, you are completely wrong. We've only known each other for like a few weeks!"

"Girl, if he sang to you, he has it bad," Liv says, writing in her journal through the screen.

"Writing a story?" I ask her.

"Nah, just random things," She tells me.

All of a sudden I hear a knocking at my door.

"I'll talk to you guys later. Someone's knocking," I tell them.

"Ooh! I bet it's Max. See, I told you he-" I leave the facetime before Riley can finish that sentence.

"Come in!" I yell.

Surprisingly, Ryan walks into my room.

I sit up, confused.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

He stands in the middle of my room, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Um. Kenzie and I got into an argument, and I thought asking for your advice would be my best option," He informs me.

Oh.

I pat the foot of my bed and he sits down.

"What was the fight about?" I ask.

"Well, you see, she kept getting these texts from this guy. So I asked her what he wanted and she said that he had questions on the homework. But me being the idiot I am got suspicious, so I kind of accused her of cheating."

I wince.

"I know. Then we got into a huge argument and I don't know what to do." He lies across the foot of my bed and drapes his arm over his eyes.

"Well, you love her, right?" I ask.

He gives me a look, "Of fucking course I do."

"No need for the attitude," I spit at him, "But first you have to apologize. Explain that you got jealous and tell her you were wrong for accusing her of cheating when that's the last thing she would do. Then tell her that you love her."

He slowly nods his head, sitting up. "Thanks. I'm going to go to her house and talk to her."

He stands up and leaves my room.