Chapter 28

When I pulled into the parking lot with Bailey a group of people were standing by a tree near the parking spot. We got off and when they saw Bailey they yelled over to her. She waved, gave my hand a quick squeeze and went over to them. I felt a little sad that she left me but I pushed my feeling away.

As i passed by the group I heard, "Have you been avoiding us Bailey?"

"Of course not."

"Then what have you been doing?"

"Someone." she replied simply. My face reddened. What the hell? It was two times not a thousand or whatever. The group at attend walking behind me so, I slowed down my pace and I put in my earbuds but didn't put on any music.

"Oooo, who is it? Bailey you have to tell us." a girl asked excitedly.

"Whoever it is they're one lucky person. I'd be honored of the beautiful flawless Bailey pleasured me." a guy said.

"Ew shut up Rodney. I'm taken." Bailey said and laughed along with the rest of the group.

"But seriously do we get to meet them? We have to make sure that they're good for you, Bails. I mean Troy was awful. Which we told you by the way." a guy said. Her ex's name is Troy? Never heard of him.

We had entered the building already and Bailey's friends were gathered at someone's locker, which was near mine.

"I don't know guys," she said, "I don't know if you'll like them or if they even wants to meet you."

"How about this, you'll go to the cafe with you special person and we'll just happen to be there and then you'll have to introduce us." on of the guys suggested.

"I guess that could work." Bailey said just as the bell rang. I shut my locker and headed to my class. When I glanced back at them I saw Jackie staring at me. I wonder why?

At lunch I was in the bathroom washing my hands when Jackie came in. We were the only two in there. I go to leave but she blocks me. I glare at her and go to move around her but she blocks me again. She says something but I couldn't make it out. I just stare at her and a annoyed look crossed her face. She yanks out my earbuds and hands them to me. I looked at her surprised and then quickly wiped the emotion off my face.

"What are your intentions with Bailey?"she asked looking at me with an intense look.

"What do you mean?" I say simply.

"I mean what are you planningI know your type. A loner who's hates everyone and is rude to them. Who leads people on just to hurt them."

"You think I lead people on?" I ask curiously.

"Yes, you do because at the end of the day you don't care about anyone or anything besides yourself." she said starting to get worked up.

"Is someone jealous?"

"What? No!"

"I think you are. Either you have a crush on her or your just jealous because you think I'm stealing your best friend." I say looking up at her.

"I don't have a crush on her." Jackie said forcefully.

"Then it must be the later. Well news flash honey, I don't force Bailey to hang out with. I'd be happy if she just left me alone. But she keeps forcing her way in and there's nothing I can do about. So why don't you take it up with her not me. Maybe she doesn't want to spend time with you because your insufferable." I say glaring up at her and she pushes me against the wall.

"I didn't know you felt that way about me Jackie." I say with a smirk.

"Shut up! You're stealing my best friend you bitch. We used to spend all our time together but then you showed up and she started spending more time with you. And you don't even hangout with our friends. You're selfish." She spat.

"Is this all because I told you to fuck off, multiple times?"

"You're so rude and mean and it's no wonder no one likes you." she said and I could tell that she was angry now.

"It's not my fault she wants to spend more time with me than with you. She must like me better." I say. Jackie looked really mad and the next thing I knew she slapped me.

I'm in a nursing home and Jackie is in the bed. The nurse comes in and out a vase of flowers on the bedside table. She smiles at the nurse as he leaves. She reaches out to grab the tv remote when she suddenly goes still and her hand drops. Her heart monitor goes flat and people rush into her room.

I dig my fingernails into the plan of my hand and blink a few times.

"What the hell did you do Jackie?" I heard and angry voice yell.

"Nothing I swear she just collapsed."

I realized that I was slumped on the ground and my cheek was stinging. I looked up and saw a very angry Bailey staring at Jackie.

I slowly get up, "Bailey relax me and Jackie were having a conversation and I may have said somethings to upset her and then she slapped me. It's no biggie. Come on we have history class." I say and pull her away.

As we walk down the hall she grips my hand tightly and I could tell that she wasn't over it.

"That's not what happened was it?" Bailey asked.

"Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. You'll never know." I say as we enter the classroom.

Why was I defending the person who slapped me? I don't know. Maybe I just don't want to ruin their relationship. And dam first I get beat up and then cornered in a bathroom and slapped. What great luck I have.

After class Bailey and I head to my bike and before we get Bailey says "Lets go to the cafe."

"Do we have to?"

"Please please please." Bailey pleaded.

"Fine fine." I say reluctantly and we drive to the cafe.