four

chillwithcil:

What do I type? What do I say?

It has been a week since I got the last poem from waitwithnate. I had gotten so distracted by Jaden, movivng him from the hospital to my house. Since he was eighteen, he was old enough to make his choice. At least that was what the care worker had said. However, to make sure I was safe or okay in her books, she had come by my house and had asked a series of questions, my work, how much I earn, my activities, how I knew Jaden and other things.

Jaden still wasn't strong enough to go to school yet but he didn't want to sit in the house today and had decided to take a stroll.

So here I was, staring at my phone and wondering what the hell I wanted to send to this Nate guy.

Chillwithcil: hey

Hey. It was simple and effective and ... oh my god, I couldn't have thought of something better? I couldn't look at my phone anymore and placed it beside me. It was still kinda early, just a bit past ten. Maybe the Nate guy was at work, his page did say he owned a business, didn't it?

I didn't even know what I could do today. I was still in bed and I was getting hungry by the passing minutes. I sighed and got out of bed, making sure to grab my phone, maybe I could get Arlen to come over or we could meet for lunch, I wanted to introduce him to Jaden.

I took out enough ingredients to make a small sauce, and put enough rice for Jaden and myself in the rice cooker and tapping it on. I was dicing up green pepper into little pieces when my phone vibrated on the island. I stared at it, not moving for a beat before wiping my hands on a napkin and reaching for the phone.

waitwithnate: hey, I finally got a response.

I bit on my bottom lip as I typed out a response.

chillwithcil:  I was going to respond earlier by I got distracted by a couple of things.

waitwithnate: That is okay. Life and all.

chillwithcil: Is your name actually Nate or did you just wanted something that rhymed?

waitwithnate: My name actually is Nate.
                      Now, your username has won the rhyme     battle. Chillwithcil

I let out a soft giggle as I re-read his words over and over again.

chillwithcil: if I won, where is my award?
                    Cil, is a nickname. My name is Cillian.

waitwithnate: Nice name
                      your nickname should be Cilly.

I let out a loud snort. Arlen used to call me that when were were little and I hated it so much. The name literally sounded like someone was calling me silly. Ugh. High school had not been the best time for me, especially with that name. But it was unique.

chillwithcil: call me Cilly one more time and I'll block you

I set down the phone when I don't get a quick response. I quickly diced up the green pepper. The sauce was almost done when I heard the door, Jaden appearing a couple seconds later. He gives me an awkward wave as he sits and watched me cook.

"How was your walk?"

"Good. Everywhere was quiet. Is that how it always is here?" Jaden asked.

"Just about thirty percent of the time." I said and Jaden nodded.

Jaden's bruises around his eyes were fading slowly, his lips somewhat healed. All his bruises were looking less painful than it had been. 

"What are you making? I could smell it from outside the door." Jaden asked. He got up from the stool and made his way over to me. The timer on the rice cooker goes off and I turned off the stove.

"Just rice and beef sauce. Want something to drink with it?" I asked

"Do you have any fruit punch? Or beer?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and Jaden chuckled. He raised his hands up in surrender and takes several steps backwards. "I just thought I'd ask. I am 18 though."

"Come back and ask me when you're twenty one." I said, waving my wooden spoon at him.

"You do know that I go to parties and I already drink right?" Jaden asked as he makes his way over to the fridge. I heard my phone buzz on th e table but I don't reach for it. I had to put my foot down about the beer thing.

"What happens at high school parties stay there. In my house, under my roof, no beer for you." I said, still glaring at him.

"How about special occasions? Like birthdays? Or if you get a promotion at work? New years? Star Wars day?"

I let out a sigh and shook my head at the boy. He was stubborn. "Fine. I'll think about it."

Jaden punched his fist into the air and let out a loud whoop. I waved him over and let him put spoonfuls of rice in his plate. Jaden put as much rice as his plate can take as well as the sauce. Once he was seated and so was I, my food and phone on a tray, resting on my lap.

Jaden had taken the remote and he was flipping through the channels. While he was doing that I was doing that, I unlocked my phone, smiling when I see the messages from Nate.

It was fun chatting with someone who hasn't sent me a picture of his cock, someone who hasn't asked for pictures of my own. Someone who types out full sentences and does not abbreviate.
waitwithnate: Cilly, Cilly
                      wait, don't block me. I finally got you to reply my messages.

chillwithcil:   I won't.

waitwithnate: Good. What are you up to?

chillwithcil: I just made a late breakfast.

I tapped the camera icon at the bottom of the screen and took a picture of the food, making sure nothing about me or my house, not even my tray shows.

waitwithnate: that looks tasty
                       now I'm hungry

I couldn't help but giggle. It was nice to get compliments from someone other than Arlen and his husband. I typed out my response, my fingers moving swiftly across the screen.

chillwithcil: flattery will get you nowhere

waitwithnate: we'll see about that

I didn't know what to say to that. Like, what exactly could I send because this conversation was going to die very soon. Shit, Cill, you're over thinking. I shake my head and tossed my phone to the couch. This Nate was still a stranger, I didn't know him so I do not owe him any response. I'll reply when I have something to say.

"What are you doing?" Jaden asked, his voice snapping me out of my bubble.

"What?"

"You were giggling." Jaden said, his head tilting a bit to the side as he stared at me.

"I wasn't."

"My ears are working, Cillian." Jaden said and I rolled my eyes at him. Of course his ears are working.

"Just eat your food." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.  The younger boy rolled his eyes at me and began eating again,t his time his attention was on the screen in front of him. What could I say to keep a conversation with a stranger going? I could check google? Everything is on google.

Yeah, I'll do that.

So what do you think?
Leave a comment

Sorry this is late! I've had the chapter for forever but I just ... 😶