Chapter 16

Anna's POV

I opened my eyes when I felt something on my shoulder. I turn around to see Edward kissing my skin with small kisses. I smiled and hugged him.

''Morning.''
''Morning baby.'' He pecked my neck.
''We are going on the banquet tonight.''
''We do?''
''Yes, I got the invitation yesterday.''
''Who will take care of Sofia?''
''Mary will.''
''I need to buy a dress. You should have told me sooner dumbass.'' I say as I wrap my arms around his neck.

He turned us over so I'm on top of him.
''Maybe last night when we were making love?'' He teased me.
''Shut up.'' I say and bury my face in his neck from embarassment.
''I'm kidding. Let's go take a shower.''

He got up with me wrapped around him like a monkey. After washing and drying ourselves, we got dressed. He said he will do his job at home today. I put on my black crop top and blue ripped jeans. He got dressed in a grey sweatpant and white T-shirt. That booty looks good in grey.

''Will you stop staring at my ass?'' He said smirking.
''I would if it's not that good looking.'' I smirked back and slapped his butt.
''Ow...'' He rubbed it. I laughed and got out of the room.

I went to Sofia's room to get her ready for the kindergarten. She was still sleeping in her bed. I got closer and rubbed her back to wake her up.

''Wakey wakey princess.'' I smile.
She opened her eyes slowly and smiled at me.
''Good morning mommy.'' She said as she sat up in the bed.
''Morning princess. Did you sleep well?''
''I did.''
''Great. We need to get you ready for the kindergarten.''

I picked her up and went in her bathroom. After I showered her, she brushed her teeth. I picked her pink leggings and white T-shirt with unicorn. I put penicils and drawing book in her backpack.

When she was ready, I drove her to the kindergarten. She waved me before entering inside. I got back home and found Edward eating breakfast.

I took out my own plate and put the eggs and bacon on it.
''Are you going with me to shopping?'' I ask him.
''Sure. I need to buy new tux also.''

We finished eating and I washed plates. After we got ready, he drove off to the shop where he usually buys his suits. I can tell it's for rich people only.

He parked on the parking lot across the shop. We entered and I was in awe. This boutique is huge. On one side are elegant dresses and on the other side are suits for man.

He pulled me towards the counter where the older woman was. He told her what are we looking for then she led me towards the dresses.

''Do you know what kind of dress are you looking for?'' She asked me with big smile plastered on her face.
''I don't actually know but I need a dress for banquet.'' I say.
''Okay then.''

She started looking through dresses until she pulled out few of them.
''You can try these and we'll see how they fit you.''

After trying all of them, I chose gorgeous dark green dress with a leg cut. It actually looked good on me and fitted me perfectly. I was a shocked with the price and before I could tell something about it, Edward paid for it.

He also found some really nice tuxedo. He really has a good fashion sense judging by his clothes. When we finished, we decided to go back home and started getting ready.

It was already late and I needed to put makeup on. He really should have told me sooner. At least I would have time to think about makeup look and which heels I would wear.

I took another shower and did all lady stuff. I decided to look more natural but to be noticeable that I put the makeup on. I made smokey eye and put lighter shade of nude lipstick. It came out better than I expected.

After I put on dress, I chose silver heels but with transparent straps. I looked good actually to be honest. I got downstairs and saw Edward waiting for me. Delicious.

He smiled and gave me sweet kiss on lips.
''You are gorgeous baby.''
''Thank you.'' I blushed. He took my hand and helped me to get to the car.

We were driving until we came in front of big shiny mansion. There were a lot of expensive cars in front of it which means a lot of people. I hope I don't trip myself.

I locked my arm around Edward's and entered inside. It was enormous hall with all the elegant dressed people inside. I got really nervous.

We were towards a group of people. Older man turned around and shook hands with Edward.

''Hello Johnatan.''
''Hello Edward. It's been a long time since we have seen each other. Thank you for coming.''
''My pleasure. Meet my wife.''
Ge looked surpised at first but took my hand and kissed the back of it.
''Nice to meet you. I'm Johnatan Miller.''
''Anna Reed.'' I smiled.
''Well excuse me, I need to go and have fun.''

He left somewhere when I breathed out.
''He is the host of tonight's banquet.''
''Really?'' He hummed yes.
''Do you want a drink?'' He asked as the waiter was passing by with glasses of champagne.
''Sure.'' He handed me a glass.

For the rest of the night it was boring. People were just talking with some kind of lullaby in the backround that made you asleep. I know it's my first time coming to an event like this and I hope we are going to come less if it's unavoidable.

I was by Edward's side whole the time and refused to go alone. Rich people are usually conceited, but my hubby isn't which I'm so lucky about that.

I was just hoping that we were going home soon and my wishes were answered when after four hours, Edward decided that we should go home. This is the best decision he ever made.

I sat in a car and just then I noticed how much my legs hurt from standing for so long.

''Wow tonight was boring as hell.'' Edward said as he started driving.
''I'm glad that we have the same opinion.'' I smiled.
''All those idiots who want to sign partnership with me.'' He shook his head in disbelief.
''Pain in the ass, huh?'' I ask laughing.
''Big one.''

We arrived home and I went to check on Sofia first. She was sleeping peacefully in her bed and I decided to leave her. I kicked my heels immediately when I came in the room and went to remove my makeup.

I changed in pajama and throw myself on the bed. Edward laid next to me and pulled me to his chest. I fell asleep faster than I ever did.