Chapter 9: Taron

Taron – 5 years ago

Last night had been the best of my life. But this morning wasn't bad either. We showered together and I just couldn't drag my fingers and eyes away from her.

"I have to leave" she smiled as she put on her dress from last night.

"Do you really?" I grimaced, teasing her.

There were so many things I wanted to do to her. So many things I wanted to talk to her about.

She laughed and scribbled her number on a piece of paper "Call me"

"I will" Actually, I couldn't wait to call her.

I pulled her to me by her scarf and she sighed. I pressed my lips to hers, softly, tenderly.

"Bye" she smiled shyly.

"Bye" I dreaded to let her go, but I had to.

The second she left my flat I felt like a piece of my heart was missing. How was that even possible? I put her number in my phone and sent her a text.

<<Want to go out with me tonight? xx>>

I knew I was too forward, but I didn't care. I wanted to see her again.

Days and weeks flew by and I tried to reach her, but couldn't. She didn't respond to my texts or calls and I was starting to doubt myself. Had I done something wrong?

My mom's birthday was right around the corner and I had thought I could bring her. But it much rather seemed like I would never hear from her again.

I dialled my brother.

"Hi Taron" he answered.

"Evan" I smiled "How are you?"

"Good. Couldn't be better. What about you?"

I let out a breath.

"Has she still not responded to your texts and calls?" he asked.

I had told him about our day and night together. He had said she was my "mystery girl" and I had just shaken my head. But it was true, I had never been that in love before.

"No, she hasn't" I cleared my throat "Anyway, are you bringing mom's present?"

"I will yeah. And I'll bring my girlfriend too"

"Oh great" I smiled "Can't wait to meet her"

Apparently, they had been dating for only a few weeks and Evan was really secretive about her. I wondered why.

I arrived late because I had been on the phone with my agent regarding work. Actually, I got the role I wanted to have. I would play the lead in The Little Shop of Horrors. I was stoked.

"Sorry I'm late" I said, out of breath.

"Don't worry, darling" my mom pulled me into a hug.

I kissed her on the cheek "Happy Birthday, mom"

"Thanks" she smiled.

I stepped into the living room to see everyone sitting at the dinner table. I had a quick glance at my sisters that were sitting facing me. Evan and his girlfriend had their back to me.

I got out of my coat and hung it on the coat rack.

Then I walked towards the table and stopped dead in my tracks as I saw none other than Morgan at that table. Right next to Evan.

"Taron, this is Morgan. Morgan, this is my brother, Taron" Evan introduced us.

It took me a second to wrap my head around it. Morgan seemed as surprised as I was, but nobody else seemed to notice. Hell, I didn't notice anyone but her.