Texts and talks 📱

Mads PoV

Grayson and I had never been great at talking so it was oddly refreshing to be able to have a mature, sensible conversation in which we both agreed on something and neither one of us stormed off in a bad mood.

We decided to take a break from one another in order to figure everything out and hit the reset button.

Because of the twins and my fragile state I decided to take the boys and move in with my parents for a little while to give me some support around the clock. Grayson and I worked out a timetable of sorts so that we both spent time with all 3 of the children without having to interact too much with each other. It wasn't like we didn't love each other anymore, it was the opposite in fact. We both knew that if we spent time together it wouldn't take long before we were dry humping one another in the nearest secluded area.

Hunter was a different matter though, he barely showed his face these days and his hospital visits tended to be when he knew we weren't there, he was being a massive coward and he knew it, but I was getting really sick of his behaviour to the point I wasn't sure I even cared anymore.

There was only so much I could take from someone before I just gave up on them.

But today, today wasn't going to be one of the easier days. It was the twins first birthday. We had decided to have a small family party at the hospital so that Gracie could be included in the celebrations.

She'd pretty much threatened to bust herself out of the place if we tried to stop her from attending the party so it wasn't like she gave us much choice really. She was definitely getting better and her strong willed, sassy nature was growing bolder by the day.

We'd decorated the hospital room and Grayson was due to arrive with the twins any minute now and to say my heart was pounding fast was an understatement. I felt like a shy, awkward teenage girl fretting over the high school hunk.

"You totally dressed up for Grayson" Miley whispered in my ear as she took in my outfit.

"I did no such thing" I lied through my teeth gasping in fake shock at my sisters accusation.

"Liar liar pants on fire" Miley said in a sing-song voice laughing like an immature idiot.

"Oh my god that's so mature Miley"

"Madison and Grayson .. up a tree...k.i.ss.ing" Miley dances around the room singing and getting worse as Gracie giggled finding her auntie highly amusing. At least someone did.

"Miley stop it!" I warned her through gritted teeth not needing her to add to the ball of anxiety I already felt.

"Behave girls" mum chastised is both shaking  her head at our antics.

"You are nervous" Miley realised turning serious for a rare moment as she placed her hand on my forearm to stop me from pacing like a crazy lady.

"Of course I'm nervous. It's Grayson.... and what if Hunter shows up? I'm freaking out" there was no point lying because I knew it was written all over my face how worried I was. I wanted the boys birthday to go smoothly with no drama but also the fact that Grayson and Hunter would be in a room together, with me was nerve wracking to say the least.

I felt sick.

I heard the familiar sounds of the twins talking and Grayson replying and my stomach turned in violent knots that I had to take deep breathes through my nose to control before I threw up. Calm thoughts Mads... calm thoughts.

"Daddy.... daddy... lulu .... pres... pres" Gracie called out excitedly the moment Grayson and the twins stepped foot in the door. She jumped up on her bed and bounced up and down holding her arms out for her daddy and brothers which was adorable to watch.