chapter 14

I was typing away at the computer just as the door to the Boss' office opened. I looked up to meet an intimidating figure.

He walked over to me and tapped on my desk. 'You're done for today,' he said.

I checked my watch. 'It's still early,' I said. It was very early. It was only two in the afternoon.

'Yeah, we've got to catch a flight in two hours,' he told me.

I nodded but then stopped. 'Wait. We?'

He sighed impatiently.

'Yes, Miss Nolan. We. I have an important meeting in Seattle tomorrow morning. I thought you knew. You're my assistant. Isn't that your job? To keep track of my plans?' he said.

Was it too late to say I liked him better when he didn't talk too much?

'I know that. I thought Tracy was supposed to go with you. It made more sense,' I said but I started to shut down the computer.

'Tracy being here in my absence makes more sense. Now hurry,' he said.

'Alright,' I said and stood up. I took the coat that was draped over the back of my chair and put it on. Then I made sure everything was in place while Alexis waited for me, standing there with one of his hands in his pocket.

'Let's go,' I said and smiled.

He rolled his eyes but didn't say anything and walked out the door.

I followed him out of the building. A car was waiting for us just like it was every day.

He let me in and then got in after me. We sat on opposite sides.

I showered and dressed in casual clothes because we would reach Seattle late and go straight to the hotel. I packed a few clothes, a nightie, a dress and toiletries in the bag and other important stuff like passport and credit cards in my purse.

When I walked out, Alexis wasn't there. I kept the bag near the door and balanced my purse on it.

His room's door was opened, his bag was unpacked and he was choosing between different color suits. My eyes zeroed on him, water dripped down his chest. His hair was damp and plastered to his forehead. Only a towel was keeping him from being fully naked. I averted my eyes, but not before my eyes caught a glimpse of metal. My eyes snapped back and something seized my stomach down.

Holy mother of baby Jesus!

My jaw dropped open. Hot damn. His left nipple was pierced. Freaking pierced.

Who would have thought?

Suddenly I needed a glass of water. Maybe a few gallons.

I licked my lips. Images of me licking that chest and pulling on the ring with my teeth filled my vision. I shook my head slightly. I blamed that on my very inactive sex life. I needed to get laid.

I cleared my throat.

His head snapped up toward me, noticing me for the first time.

'You need help with that?' I gestured to his bag.

He looked between the clothes in his hands then at me.

'Yes please,' he said, looking relieved.

I stepped inside his room, trying to keep my eyes off him. It didn't go without my notice that this was the first time I had stepped foot in his room.

I took the clothes from him and started folding them neatly. 'You should go change,' I said, not looking at him.

'Alright,' he said and disappeared in the walk-in closet, leaving me alone in his room. I was done soon and looked around the room. It was nothing special, not much different than my room, just bigger. My eyes fell on a frame that was kept face down on his side table. I walked over there to right it.