Chapter 8

Zoella

   I woke up to the beautiful sounds of birds singing across my window. My nose twitched. The smell of pasta came across my nose. I couldn't resist the smell and got up from bed to check the time. Fuck, it was seven AM on dot.

  I went into the kitchen and I saw Eva. I was shocked. "How did you get in here? I remembered I locked the door."

  "Good morning Zoe, you gave me a spear key... remember?"

   "When did I?" I asked still confused.

   "Last week."

    "Wow, I can't remember." I scratched my messy hair. "Your pasta does smell nice."

    "Ew, go brush your teeth. Your mouth stinks." Eva said covering her nose.

     "Sorry, morning breath."

     A few minutes later, I padded into the kitchen wearing a brown wedge and yellow skirt with a blue crop singlet and my hair dropped messily. "I have to go."

    "Easy there, no one is rushing you. At least eat something before you left." Eva said.

   "I can't, I have to be at the Gutierrez mansion before nine."

    "Oh, okay but you must not waste my food."

    I gave a little smile. "I will eat it when I got home in the night and I will be staying at the Gutierrez mansion from tomorrow onward. Please don't tell Chloe about this and help me tell her that I will be coming to check on her tomorrow."

  She looked at me and smiled back. "I will and make sure you go to church."

      "I will." I hugged her before heading outside.

***

    I got to the Gutierrez mansion before nine-thirty, the door was already opened and it looks like everyone was still asleep. I went to the kitchen and put the apron on.

   So, before I left the last time, they made a menu that was glued to the kitchen door of what they will be eating every day. Different food for different days. I took a deep breath and sighed.

   I diced two boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cooked them before starting with olive oil.

   I added 2 cloves garlic and ½ cup diced onion. Then I added 4 cans of condensed chicken broth. I also added water. I added tomatoes, hominy, and diced green chili peppers, I teaspoon each of cumin, lime juice, and garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of chili powder.

  I brought it to a boil and let simmer for 1 hour. Top with shredded Monterey jack cheese and garnish with tortilla chips and avocado slices. I served it in the serving bowls.

   Well, that was it and I'm sure the aroma will wake them up. It was Sunday and an I needed to get to church. I took the apron off and hung it.

   If I leave just like that Zavion might get upset. I took a deep breath and exhale. I climbed the stairs and found myself knocking on someone's door, I don't know if it was Zavion's or Ethan's.

   I knocked again and this time the door opened. He tucked his head out to attend to me. It was the jacket guy, the one I met at the bus station. He is a Gutierrez? Rumor said they were only three.

   "Hey, it's you." He smiled and came out of his room with a bare chest. That six packs were killer.

    "Hey, I didn't know you were a Gutierrez, and about your jacket."

    "It's okay, it's yours now but what are you doing here?" he asked. I was about to respond when I saw someone place his hand around my shoulder. It was Zavion, he was also without clothes. He was so close to me, I could feel his body attaching to mine.