⠀⠀¹⁶ increasing story tension

˒⠀S O T T . . . 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙸𝙰𝙲

●○○○○○○○○❛ 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 TO THE 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑾, 𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬 YOU'RE WEARINGYOUR 𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 CLOTHES

●○○○○○○○○
❛ 𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 TO THE 𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑳
𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑾, 𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬 YOU'RE WEARING
YOUR 𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 CLOTHES.

writing facial features! ━━ no

writing facial features! ━━ no. 016
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     ON TODAY'S EPISODE OF 'GRAYSON GIVES YOU WRITING ADVICE THAT IS HOPEFULLY BENEFICIAL IN YOUR WRITING,' I WILL BE DISCUSSING A TOPIC THAT I FIND VERY PIVOTAL IN WRITING IN GENERAL.

     Story tension.

     In case you didn't know, story tension is the core of an interesting plot and causes your readers to pay attention in your chapters.

     Before we deep dive into story tension, it's important to know what the word story tension truly means.

━━ 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡: "The element in a novel that evokes emotions such as worry, anxiety, fear, and stress on the part of both the reader and the characters in a novel."

     Now, that you know the definition, it's time to dive into the four types of story tension and how to properly create it in your stories.

     ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 (𝑨 𝑩𝑨𝑺𝑰𝑪 𝑶𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑽𝑰𝑬𝑾) ⸝⸝ ⇗
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀→ ⺌ These tips all stem from Thanet Writers. Credit for this portion goes to them.

          ╰─── 𝟬𝟭. Relationship Tension. "Every character will have relationships with other characters around them, from partners and family to rivals and enemies. Equally, tension will exist in every relationship, though the form it takes will vary considerably."