Chaptet 17: Frienemies

Misaki's POV
'Great... I'm stuck with this two again.' I thought to myself. Shortly after we entered the gate into what looked like an extension of the Gateway to Cray, Kamui and Chris started arguing again.  Actually, they've been at it for hours now.

"SIT Genius will never beat Team Q4.  Thats impossible!" Kamui protested. " Says the weakest of the team. Were not for them, you would never be this far! Heck, I don't even know why they chose a weakling like you to join their team!" Chris yelled to Kamui. "You little... If its war you want, its war you'll get! Lets have a vanguard battle right here, right now.  I'll prove to you that I'm not as weak as you say I am!" Before Chris could even speak, I interrupted them, "Did you forget that each of us has only brought one card?" "Ha! What are you gonna do now brat?" Chris smirked. "Why you!! Fine, lets settle it the most possible way. Whoever of us pass this test first will win, the loser does what the winner orders for a week. No backing out!" Lightning appeared in the middle of their starring contest and both agreed to their bet.

"Do you guys even know what our trial is?" I asked. By the looks in their faces, they have no idea. I sighed, 'I'm glad we're the only ones here.'

"Is there even a trial?" Chris asked. "Don't ask me." Kamui replied."Well if you didn't know then why answer the question?" Chris said.  "It's better than know one answering your question now is it?" Kamui said in defense. "I would rather have silence answer my question than you speaking at all." "Errrrrrrr... why you! I swear, if Misaki wasn't here right now, I would have already shut that big mouth of yours!" "Hmph, I'd like to see you try" Chris smirked and once again the tension increases with these kids nonsense.

After all the fighting and bickering, two big punches landed on their heads (you can obviously guess who did it). They fell unconscious so I had to wait for them to wake. "These to are as annoying as Shin, Miwa and Morikawa combined... well no ones more annoying than Morikawa." I told myself.

Kamui's POV

I woke up with a sudden headache. I touched my head and felt a bump at the back of my usually long spiky hair then I remembered what happened. "Misaki, you didn't have to hit me that hard." " Yeah, besides Kamui was the one who started the fight in the first place." Chris said as he joined in our conversation. Looks like we woke up at the same time.

"It wasn't my fault" I said.

"It was"

"Was not"

"Was"

"Not"

"Was"

"Not"

"Was"

Before we could continue Misaki snapped "WILL YOU TO STOP ACTING LIKE FIVE YEAR OLDS OR SO HELP ME, I WILL RIP BOTH OF YOU TO SHREDS AND BRING YOU BACK JUST SO I COULD DO IT AGAIN!! WE DIDN'T COME HERE TO FIGHT EACH OTHER SO YOUR BICKERING HAS GOT TO STOP!" We stopped fighting, held each others hands and backed away from an angry Misaki. She looked like she calmed down but we were still afraid of coming near her "We came here as a team, not as an enemy. You two know each other since day one of the circuit. You knew each other that long and still you two act like you just met a new rival. If you two are gonna be that way always, then we would fail this trial we've been given and put the other's hardwork in vain since they wouldn't be able to enter Cray without the three gates passed and the world as we know it is done for." She ended. Both Chris and I had the same look on our faces, guilt. Guilty that we may have doomed the world because of our arguments. Guilty that we may never find Kai. Guilty that our friendship (yes we're friends) could have been ruined because of pride. But most of all, guilty with the thought of wasting our friends' efforts and hardwork. "We're sorry Misaki" We said in unison. "We didn't know what came over us... we were so in the competition that we forgot our main objective of being here." Suddenly light appeared and shone brightly. A voice was heard in the midst of it. "Congratulations, you have passed the trial of focus. Though you don't agree with almost everything, you both thought back to your main reason of being here and you even acted selflessly after. You three have battled your war and won. I trust the key to you but only if your friends pass their tests." After that, we were back to where we stayed before the doors appeared, two of it remaining.