LXIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Meddling Targaryen

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he letter from Eliza was unexpected, but brought more problems that Lyra didn't want to deal with. She already was dealing with a financial crisis, with the crown in debt due to poor choices by earlier rulers, and the news of Daenerys Targaryen settling on their shoreline and demanding those around her to bend the knee didn't sooth her worries.

"She's on Dragonstone." Lyra told Joffrey, running her hand through Mikael's hair as he sat curled up in her lap. "She's invited Robb and Eliza to bend the knee but Eliza says that Jon, Aoife and Ser Davos are going instead."

Joffrey huffed, leaning on the side cabinet by their crowns.

"Jon and Aoife should be able to handle it then." He muttered, shrugging his shoulders, "and we know that Robb and Eliza share a similar thought process to us. They also believe that Daenerys has no claim to the throne."

"Of course she doesn't," Lyra scoffed. "Her father was usurped and the Baratheon's took power, meaning the only rightful heir to the throne is Mikael, no one else."

Mikael perked up at his name, smiling up at his mother. 

"She has no control here." Lyra cooed to her son, pressing kisses to his cheeks as the boy giggled and squirmed away from her grip. "She's struggling to find allies to help her so she's panicking and that's means she's making poor decisions."

"Yes, inviting Robb to bend the knee even whilst knowing that you two are related is not the smartest move," Joffrey muttered, wandering to Lyra's side.

"She was probably trying to think strategically." Lyra gave the woman some credit. "After us, Robb has the next largest kingdoms so it seems smart to try to form an alliance with him."

"I suppose Jon and Aoife will be trying to barter for her help with the Night King then?" Joffrey asked, one eyebrow cocked as Lyra hummed and nodded. "We need to finish preparations for marching north then. If Robb and Jon think that it's time, then we should be ready to leave at any moment."

"Completely agree," Lyra nodded her head, setting Mikael on the floor. The boy huffed and whined momentarily, before hurrying off to go and find Elia so that he could play with the large wolf. "Tylar was saying that the food rations are all being prepared for a trip north and new armour is being fitted to keep the soldiers safe from the cold."

"Why does he tell you this and not me?"

"He was going to, but he found me first and I'm telling you now." Lyra smiled, squeezing Joffrey's hand before a knock at the door disrupted them from their planning.