LVII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | Little Lion

{ Joffrey } 

✧✦✧

𝕵offrey had never truly known fear until Arah's words had settled in his ears. His mind went blank, and he caught sight of Lyra's panicked face, before turning back to glare at his mother, his temper raging.

"What have you done?"

"Joffrey," Cersei held her hands out, having never seen her son truly enraged until this moment. "I have done no-"

"What have you done to my son?" Joffrey appeared in front of her, towering over the woman, his body trembling with anger.

"Nothing! I have done nothing to your son. He is my grandson as well and I have not harmed him," Cersei promised, her eyes wide as she backed away from him. "I swear to you, I have done nothing!"

"Joff!" He turned at Lyra's call of his name, seeing how fearful she looked. "Leave her. Mikael is more important." 

Cersei sent Lyra a thankful look, but Lyra's glare was just as cold as Joffrey's had been. Joffrey took off towards his chambers, Lyra behind him as he wondered just what could have happened to his little boy. They had been separated from him for less than an hour.

The door to their chambers was open, handmaids rushing in out. Joffrey caught sight of the Grand Maester in the nursery, giving orders in his frail voice and pulling vials from a bag. Drew was sitting on the floor of the main chambers, his arms wrapped around Elia, as the large wolf tried to drag herself to Mikael's side, but Joffrey ignored them in favour of trying to look at what was going on.

"Your Grace," Tylar grabbed onto him, pulling him back from the door. Joffrey struggled against the taller Northerner, but Tylar remained still. "Let them do their job, Your Grace."

"Let me see my son," Joffrey growled, but Tylar placed himself between the man and the door.

"Lyra needs you more now. Mikael is in the best hands possible. Stay with her," Tylar motioned over his shoulder, and Joffrey paused, looking behind him at Lyra, who was holding onto Elia, her face pale and tears dripping down her cheeks. "Please."

Joffrey pulled out of Tylar's grip, albeit reluctantly, running a hand through his hair and cursing, before sinking down beside Lyra. He eased her tight grip off of the wolf, pulling her into his arms as Elia whimpered and cried at their feet.

"He's going to be alright, My Love," Joffrey muttered, both of their heads hidden from prying eyes, as Joffrey tried not to think of the worst possible outcome. "He's strong, like us. Mikael will be alright."