"Hush, Maya, Hush."

Maya?

I push past Duncan and Amelia and head for the diner's back door.

As soon as I enter, I rush to the booth where I left her.

She's sitting with Tony, her head on his shoulder. He says something to her and she laughs before taking a sip from the cup in her hand.

Oh no.

The reality dawns on me and I nervously gulp.

"Tony!" I growl and ball my hands into fists.

Their heads shoot up and they look at me. Tony's eyes widen but Maya grins and waves at me.

She's excited to see me? Yup, she's drunk.

"Mason?" Tony quickly gets up from his seat and stands a few feet from me.

"Mason." Maya follows suit but instead of keeping her distance, she wraps her arms around me. "Why'd you leave me all alone? Don't worry, this guy over here kept me company. Hey...I...I never got your name."

She points at Tony and giggles. I recover from the shock of Maya's contact. My eyes move from her and I glare at Tony again.

"What's your name?" Maya tries to walk towards Tony but she nearly falls and balances herself on the table of the booth.

Amelia helps her sit down and I look at Tony and walk closer to him.

"Look, Mason, I didn't mean to cause any trouble." He raises his hands in surrender.

"Well, you did." I say through gritted teeth.

"I didn't know she was your girl, man, I'm sorry."

"Mason." someone grabs me by my arm and I turn to find Max. He shakes his head and I turn back to Tony.

"This isn't over."

He violently nods his head before scurrying away and disappearing into the small crowd.

"I think you should take Maya and leave." Max says, looking at Maya.

She's still seated down. Amelia is trying to stop her from drinking anymore. It's just like Tony to get her drunk and then...

I shake my head to get rid of the thought.

"Thanks for calling us." I say to Amelia before helping Maya up.

"Are we leaving?" She asks as I wrap my arms around her waist to try and prevent her from falling again.

At least she can stand.

"Yeah, I'm taking you home."

"I don't want to leave," she whines, "they're playing my song."

Booming through the speakers is some pop song I don't even recognise. I shake my head and continue walking.

We reach the outside of the diner and she stops.

"May I just have one more drink?" She tries to grin but ends up giggling. "Just one."

"Maya, no."

"Why?" She pouts and she looks so pretty. "They're so good."

"But they're bad for you."

She shakes her head and tries to start dancing to the song that's playing inside.

"Maya, you're drunk." I say and she stops and looks at me wide eyed.

***

Maya's POV

What?

Oh, no. He's right. I am drunk.