{33}

Maudlin

(adj.) highly sentimental

It had been days since Arrax and I had that moment in the bathroom, I'd been avoiding him like the plague and it was extremely childish of me, I knew that. Today was the day where I could pick up Lilly from the cells, she had been tested by her mother and father, and she stayed herself, so the raging had left her soul which was so amazing.

Now all there's left was to prepare for the rogue attack that was bound to happen, it wasn't a certainty just because of how she ran onto unclaimed, but it definitely was if you consider how I killed one of them. Word has it that the rogues are joining forces to attack the Dark Moon Pack. I've talked to Grant about it, he thinks that the attack will be small, but I know much more about how these species think. They want revenge, it's not even because of the guy I killed, rogues aren't friends, they feel like it's a personal attack on their entire way of living.

None of the men in the pack house believed me though, which was insanely frustrating, this was exactly how rogues worked and it would be beneficial for everyone if they just listened to me. I guess I had to prepare myself though, my healing needed to be at a point where at least one of the four elements would be nearby, always. It was risky of me to be healing and showing my eyes, but I'd rather have my death after such a fight than I'd keep the secret and be indifferent about innocents being killed over my actions. This wasn't just about me anymore.

Putting on my black skinny jeans along with a royal blue shirt, I decided to wear a leather jacket over it, just to make sure my ass wasn't cold on my way over to the cells. Putting on my black vans, I walked outside in the crisp morning air, breathing in deeply and enjoying the sounds of nature. Before I knew it I was standing in front of the work building, last time I was here I was fighting with Lilly and now I had to see her again.

Taking the elevator down, I hurried through the long hallway before I reached Paul and Bill, both of them hunched over and sleeping. Flicking their heads, they woke up with deep groans. Bill was quick to look accusingly at Paul, "What did you do that for, you asshat?"

Paul seemed annoyed that he was blamed, "In case you didn't know, we have guests. It wasn't me, stop blaming me for literally anything that goes to shit in your life." He gestured towards me, smiling at both of them I tried not to laugh.

"Hey guys," I started, "You need to set Lilly free again."

Paul lifted a bushy brow at me, "You sure you won't go ninja on her ass again? I told Alpha and he just looked stupidly at me, I saw what I saw."

Crossing my arms, "He's seen me in action himself, so don't worry. Will you unlock the door now so I can see her, or do you perhaps want me to go ninja on your ass?"

"No, no, no, Luna. I'll unlock, don't you worry about that." He nervously said with a sheepish smile, still not doing anything.

Bill rose from his chair and gave Paul a dumb look, "You really are an asshat, aren't you?" He spat at him before turning his attention to me, "Right this way, Luna. We had to move her because of her anger." He explained as he led me down to the cell all the way in the back.

There she was, her blonde locks dirty and placed in a nest on top of her head. She hadn't showered during her time here, so the dried up blood was still on her hands. Green eyes met mine as she was quick to meet us by the bars. Bill unlocked the door and Lilly flew into my arms, hugging me. As soon as the initial shock passed, I could hug her back.

"I'm so sorry for what I did, Asp. It feels like I blacked out in the moment, but I remembered everything afterwards." She explained as she let go of me again, I tipped my head and instructed her to follow me.

When we walked towards the elevator, I smiled at her, letting her know that we were all good. "Don't even worry about it, but you really did put up a fight, huh?"

A smile of disbelief landed on her lips, "Yeah, don't know what happened with me, I've never had that strength in my life before."

Shrugging my shoulders, the doors to the elevator closed, "It was insane though, I don't think I've had such a hard time fighting anyone before. Your persistence was insane." A laugh left my lips, I couldn't really control myself by the surreality of the entire thing.

Lilly joined in, "I found it quite hard to believe afterwards, that I fought so well against someone like you. But really, my time down there was fine, I got lonely and felt that side of my wolf leave my body. The only downside is how smelly I am right now, I'm in desperate need of a shower."

We walked into fresh air together and she seemed extremely content with it, "Let's get you to the home, I'll heat up some of Tina's delicious breakfast while you take the longest shower of your life. Then we can watch a movie and hang out."

"That sounds great!" She smiled at me. "Oh by the way, how is your arm?"

Glancing down at my arm, I pursed my lips, "It healed really well after Arrax helped me clean it up. Just know, I haven't told anyone what I did out there in the unclaimed, only that we met some complications. Don't mention the truth, not yet."

She nodded and pretended to zip her lips up and throw the key away, "Your secret is safe with me."