{08}

Nescience

(n.) lack of knowledge; ignorance

♡ 

"Have you and Alpha even talked this past week?" Lilly asked when she abruptly entered my room. Her hair was a mess and with the crazy eyes she was sporting, this must've been on her mind for quite a while. 

Throwing my legs over the side of the bed, I patted the spot next to me where she sat down. "Uhm, no. Why are you so pressed though?" 

It was true, Arrax and I hadn't talked since the incident in the backyard a week ago. After my little outburst he stormed away from me in anger, I didn't care though, he'd just threatened to kill me. Of course, I'd give him something in return. It was weird running around in this house with nothing to do, but Lilly and Balto had been really good at keeping me entertained. 

Lilly broke my train of thoughts with a frustrated breath, "I'm not stupid, Aspen. I know that you're going to be our Luna, and I probably should be more formal with you, but you don't seem like someone who'd appreciate that. I just need my Alpha and future Luna to be in the same room, this act the two of you've got going on is killing this pack in the end."

It made sense, she was worried about the future if he and I couldn't see past our hatred for each other. "I get it, okay? I see where you're coming from, but I don't think you should be too worried. We're just two very stubborn and proud werewolves, it's going to be okay. Why aren't you mentioning this to him though?"

She rubbed her hands together in her lap, clearly, a nervous trait, "Balto and Grant both tried, but he isn't willing to talk about you at all. He uses his Alpha voice on them every time they even try mentioning it, and I'm too scared to try." 

The anger surged through my body by what I was hearing, she couldn't be serious. He was abusing his power over them and I hated when Alphas did that. It was belittling to the pack and to the Beta. Arrax needed to grow up and stop humiliating the members of his pack, especially his closest members who were only trying to help him out personally. 

"Please don't be mad at him." She suddenly asked, very alarmed. 

I gave her a little smile to ease her nerves, "I'm only pissed off at the Alpha, it's a personal opinion of mine, how much I hate Alphas who abuse their power. I won't rat you out, Lilly, but he needs to know that it's disrespectful."

She nodded her head in regret, clearly, this conversation didn't go the way she'd hoped. 

"Listen, I won't go in there and yell at him, I'll talk to him, just like you wanted me to." Trying to explain this to her, I didn't know how much of it was true. If he pissed me off I'd definitely raise my voice, but I wouldn't start off by yelling, no. 

Her eyes met mine and a little smile reached her lips, "But do you want to hang out a little first? Balto and Grant are in the living room, apparently, we're watching a movie. Something we rarely ever do." I nodded at her and followed her downstairs, where we found Grant and Balto arguing over which movie we were going to watch. 

"And to think the two of you are watching over an entire pack, troublesome." I joked, making their eyes snap in our direction. 

"It's Grant who's being a bitch." Balto outed him, with a childish finger pointed in his direction. 

Grant rolled his eyes, his 'don't care' attitude as clear as ever. "Fuck off, Balto. I ain't watching a shit chick-flick."

Lilly laughed at them and grabbed the remote, choosing a movie before any of us had the time to react and threw herself on the couch. "There, problem solved." 

Balto grumbled his frustrations but sat down nonetheless, his arm swung over Lilly and a silly smirk suddenly adorned his face. They were very flirty, but none of them had met their mates yet, so I guess it was only fair. I sat down on the couch to the side, where Grant's huge body took up most of the space. No wonder he was the coach of fighting. 

A movie started playing where the first scene was a huge wolf ripping a smaller wolf to shreds, my eyes met Lilly's where she was smiling sheepishly at me. "What is this movie?" I asked.

"I figured we'd watch a movie where Aurelia is presented, this movie has her as the main character. It's entertaining and we learn more about her ways of killing and striking." Lilly explained herself. Balto and Grant seemed grateful for her idea, and it was a great idea, except for the fact that an Aurelia herself was sitting in the room at the moment. I just had to close off all emotions, it was only a movie anyway. 

Scenes upon scenes of a huge wolf with golden fur and white eyes, all of them violent and ending up with the Aurelia killing someone. Every kill forced an uncomfortable shiver down my spine, especially the growls leaving Balto and Grant's lips. It was scary knowing how much they truly hated what they thought I was, but that's just it, it's misconceptions, all of them. I didn't run around killing others like that and I surely didn't hate every werewolf I met during those years. 

This was such a wrong perspective, they didn't know the truth, but suddenly I understood the hatred towards her. They hated the fact that she killed in cold blood, she killed women, children, not caring even the slightest bit. But that was her, not me. 

"This movie makes me want to kill her, someday we'll get her Balto, I promise you." Grant smirked in rage, his eyes twitching. 

If this didn't prove that I had to get away from them, then nothing did. I couldn't be here, if I ever let them smell me, even accidentally, they'd be ready to pounce and kill. They hated my entire being, without knowing anything really. None of them knew the truth, but I couldn't be the one to tell them either. 

What a serious mess I'd created for myself.