Chapter 5

Apology accepted!

The next day was nothing special and Zack had missed school due to the injuries. I avoided everyone like a pro. However, the next day as soon as I entered the bus, Zack was behind me as he had stayed at his parents for two days.

"Be quick, cupcake or else I'd have to pick you up and move you faster."

"Can't you a wait a little?" I spoke annoyed.

"Nope. It's an emergency."

I moved aside so he could go and deal with his so called emergency situation  which was basically to meet the BBH squad and discuss something. I rolled my eyes as he winked at me and turned my face away.

The only good thing about him today was that he was less annoying and was busy with his friends. Only if he could stay like this all the time then we would have been a bit different. People think I go overboard in my disliking for him but the truth is that they don't know what I know. A moment in the past that's still stuck with me and whenever I see his face, it flashes before my eyes. It would not be a big deal for many but it was for me. Plus the fact that he was so careless and never bothered to apologise. Anyway, it's all past now and I somehow had to bear him for this year before destiny makes us all apart. I went to my locker and grabbed my stuff for the first Calculus class. I was looking for a chance to talk to him. I had to sort a few things with him.

"Zack, listen." I finally spoke out while he was proceeding towards his bench before some bimbo came and stuck with him like a leech.

"Did the sun rise from the west today, cupcake?"

"Zack, just one thing." I spoke annoyed.

"Say?"

"First of all, I am sorry for everything that happened yesterday. I didn't know what was going on and it was all blurry but still thankyou."

"It's okay cupcake. It wasn't your fault."

"It was. And I am trying to apologise here so for once don't be an asshole and accept my apology."

"One condition." His eyes lit up suddenly.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Come and cheer for me in the soccer match today."

"Hell would freeze the day I cheer for you." I spoke out in horror.

"Then I won't accept your apology. bye."

"Okay. Okay. I will come. But no cheering, loser."

"Sure cupcake."

"By the way, you have a match today and you jumped in the middle of the road without thinking? Were you in your senses? How would you play with those injuries?"

"I am not injured." He tried to play it cool.

"I know you're. I saw yesterday."

"Oh My God Cupcake!!" He exclaimed dramatically. "You were gawking at me from your window while I was shirtless."

"Excuse me! Keep living in your delusional world. There's nothing to gawk at."