14|| Promises and Kisses

Pulling up the collar of the thick hoodie to cover my nose, I shuffled along to the entrance as I fought against the chilling winds whipping around me. Autumn was definitely coming to a close as Winter gladly took its place. Shame, I really did like hoodie season. Now it was 'wear ten layers over your body' season.

As I leaned my weight on the heavy door, it opened with a firm nudge, and a gust of warm air rushed over me to escape into the wind behind. I quickly scuttled in like a penguin would to a warm rookery. Letting the doors slam shut behind me, I rubbed my sensitive nose against the oversized sleeve, glad it didn't freeze and just fall off.

It's been two weeks since the gossip about Leah and Blake broke out, and as expected, it was soon replaced with something juicier. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't keeping track of it. I just so happened to have a friend who updates me on all the gossip, even when I don't ask for it. Thanks, Camilla.

I walked to my locker and let my mind wander like it usually did this early in the morning. A smile unconsciously crept onto my face as I thought back to the events of the past couple of weeks. I have been spending quite some time talking to Leah since the dinner, whether it be face to face or through texts. Conversation flowed naturally between us, and the best thing was that I didn't feel like I needed to force myself to say anything to fill in a silence.

As you could tell, I was really excited about this blooming friendship, because it wasn't every day you found someone you just clicked with, y' know?

I snapped out of my mind's bumbling when I reached my locker, only then realizing that Ashton was already standing there with Zach and Gia by him, waiting for me. I felt my heart warm seeing these guys, their thoughtful little gestures that made me feel appreciated and wanted not going unnoticed. It's what made them the best friends in the world, and why we've stuck together and will continue to for a long time. We show the people important to us that we value them. It was that simple.

I stepped up to them and gave them a happy grin, already loving the start to my day. "Hey, guys!" They returned my greeting with smiles and hi's and continued their conversation about Disney movies while I went to get my books from my locker.

As for Zach, Gia and I have been able to spend more time with him and really get to know him, and as Ash said before, he was a pretty cool and funny guy. On first impression, I thought he was going to become like one of the dudes, a jerk who didn't care about school and would hurt others just get a laugh out of his friends. But no, I've found that he was kind, respectful and all-round someone who seemed to have his head on right.

Although, he did stick around with Ashton more than us as a group, but we were planning to go out together tonight to have some fun, so we'll see how it goes.

I only tuned into the conversation when Gia started getting heated. "No! Moana was a GOOD movie! She's an adventurer, can control the sea, and has wicked singing. Tell me that isn't what you define as good," she heatedly listed, crossing her arms as she glared at Ashton.

"Okay, yes. All that is good, but if you're comparing THAT to Frozen, there isn't a competition. I mean, they have Olaf," he emphasized with an eyebrow raise.

Suddenly, she lost some of her conviction. "W-well, well uh, they h-have that rooster! Hei-Hei!" she exclaimed, trying to save herself from her predictable loss, but even to me, it didn't sound convincing.

I looked to Zach then to see what he thought, and he only shook his head at the childishness of this debate.

"Mmhmm," was all Ash said, looking smug at his win.

Gia, not someone who accepted defeat easily, turned to us for help instead. "Guys, what do you think? Moana is the better movie, right?"

"Honestly, I prefer Tangled, the one with Rapunzel in it," I stated casually as I closed my locker door.