02

Eyana Graham

*1 month later
May 12th, 2019
10:34 AM

" he was so cute momma " i gossiped to my mom over the phone while making me a strawberry and banana smoothie.

I was telling her about a newborn that was brought in yesterday by the corp.

" how old was he ?" She asked.

I poured my smoothie into my cup, " he was atleast 1 month. All of his paperwork wasnt done today so i dont know much about him"

" thats good to hear baby, but i gotta get back to work " she hung up making me sigh. My mom was my bestfriend and her new job was taking up our quality time.

I washed my blender out and put it back in its regular spot. I picked up my cup and downed my smoothie.

My phone rung again and it was my boss; Mary calling.

" hello "

" Hi Eyana ! I was just calling to see if you can do me a considerable favor ?"

I walked over to my couch sitting down, " of course "

" um so, have you seen the new child that was brought in by the corp ?"

" yes, he's so adorable "

" indeed he is. Now as regarding him, he needs someone to foster him while we see what is exactly going to be done with him so i was wondering if you can consider fostering him " she explained quickly in one breathe.

I thought about it. Taking care of a baby was a big ass responsibility but then again i do need some company so im pretty sure it wouldnt be that hard.

" yea, thats fine "

" great "
_____________
11:48 AM

" everything you need is in this bag, paperwork, diapers, etcetera etcetera" Mary said handing me a baby bag that wasnt quite full

I nodded and she directed me to the room the baby was in.

He was asleep with a cover wrapped around him. He was so cute, i just wanted to pick him up and squeeze him.

" his name is Kacey and he's three months " she picked him up making him squirm a little.

Once he stopped squirming she handed him to me. I poked my lip out and smiled at his cute little self. You can say baby fever at its highest right now.

" oh ! i also got him a carseat because i figured that you wouldnt have one and we want to keep him safe" she walked to the back of the room and grabbed a carseat.

" totally slipped my mind"

She chuckled and made her way outside towards my car to help me put the carseat in my car since my hands were full.

After situating Kacey into his carseat , i put his baby bag in the passenger seat and closed the door.

" Eyana ?" Mary called me. I turned around.

" i know you'll take good care of him, thats why you were my first option"

I smiled, " thank you"
_____________
12:44 PM

I struggled to put the key inside my door making me groan. I had kacey in one hand, his baby bag, and my phone in the other.

" girl do you need some help ?" My friend Ambria asked from next door. She was my next door neighbor and this girl was a free spirit.

I eagerly nodded, " yes"

She laughed loudly and made her way towards me. She grabbed the key and unlocked the door.

" why the hell is you carrying around a empty carse-" she stopped once she seen Kacey in his carseat and stared at him.

I waved my hand in front of her face because she was standing there like she was frozen.

" Eyana ?" She called after a while.

" who's baby did you just kidnap?" She asked dead serious.

I laughed loudly making Kacey stir in his sleep.

" move out the way so i can sit him down and ill explain inside" i whispered.

" bitch this better be a good ass explanation !" She whisper-yelled back.

I sat Kacey down on the couch along with his baby bag.

I looked at Ambria as she stood there with her hand on her hip waiting for me to explain, " you got some explaining to do "

I chuckled and told her the whole story and how everything came about.

" so its like a temporary adoption ?" She asked as we both stared down at Kacey as he slept.

" kinda but no. im just fostering him till they figure out whats gonna' happen next with him "

"mhm. he looks really familiar, i just cant put my finger on it"

I shrugged.

Kacey started stirring in his sleep until he finally woke up. His loud cried filled the room.

" welp thats my que' to go " Ambria held up the peace sign and left out.

Guess its just you and me buddy.

____________________________________

are u in highschool or middle school ?