I Am NOT Done Yet

*HAZEL'S POV*

Ever since the last school outburst things have been pretty okay. By the way shit was going I'm surprised as fuck. I chose Ember and Destiny spazzed the . fuck . out. Oh my god like she dead ass flipped on both of us. Then Ember showed me Des's Snapchat and she was wild as fuck she got piss drunk and high af and was doing all types of shit. I'm still kind of salty she burned my shirt she could've gave just that shit back. It was so out of pocket. By the end of the thread she didn't even look like her adorable lovable self. The next day she pulled it together. She showed up in a sweat track suit with her dad hat low and her hair stuffed in a ponytail. She was embarrassed and hungover but she came and sat with us and we chilled and talked. At first it was a little emotional, then a little passive aggressive, but by the end of lunch we were all back to cutting up.

It's been 2 months since then and honestly my life is going better then I could've imagined. Destiny moved on. Her recovery broke my heart. When she was trying to get over me she did a lot of drinking and partying. Fortunately, Mya's cousin Jaylen (Jay) got her back together. They have been going strong for a month. Jay was exactly what she needed. Ember was definitely the right girl. She's smart, mean, sarcastic, silly, beautiful, sexy. I never want her to leave my sight. We do everything together. We went on Jayda's family ski trip and Ember spilled hot chocolate on the hoodie she stole from me. We also got locked in a supply closet cause I was trying to fuck something, it took 2 hours for someone to let us out but honestly we didn't mind. She has passed me her germs and got my ass sick twice. Those were honestly the best days. We spent them cuddled up smoking blunts to clear out our stuffed noses and watching reruns. One day she forced me to let her do my makeup... I'm not gonna lie I was kind of hot. We had some bomb ass sex that night. I finally got my own car for my 18th birthday. It's an all blacked out Maserati. (Yes my parents have bank like that) Ever since I got this shit me and Ember been making moves. For Valentine's Day I drove her 2 hours away to go to this valentines festival shit. It was lit, she hung those pictures and so many others around her room. We even started painting together. She's a much better painter then me but just doing something that lets me gets so close to her, laugh with her, sing with her, it's everything. Every now and then Jayda and Des forces us all to get together and go bowling or shopping. I don't mind. To be honest it's kinda like Ember's best friends have become mine too. I was always a loner and Ember was breaking me out of my shell. Ember tho. Ember, Ember, Ember...... we got offered a scholarship to the same college so now we get to be the cute college couple she always wanted to be. It's funny how things work out. Now my mission is to give her everything she wants. Even a ring if she can love me through my bullshit. We got our whole lives ahead of us though. I don't want to rush so let's cross the first thing off the list. Prom.

Ember laid on her back in her bed scrolling on her phone and I laid with my nose buried in my old hoodie that she wears. She washes this shit so much but that little patch still lightly smells like hot chocolate. She's my little chocolate drop. I kissed her stomach.

Ember: what about this one ?

She turned her phone screen towards me and showed me another green prom dress.

Hazel: honestly Ma, I've seen you with nothing on. That always the best option. I ain't gonna do nothing but rip that shit off of you later anyway

I wrapped my arms around her hips and kissed her stomach again.

Ember *laughs* you're so fucking gay! Seriously.

Hazel: Yep. For you I'll be that.

I said stealing a kiss from her lips.

Ember: baby, come on I have so much to get done. I need you to pick a nail color I narrowed it down to 3, I need to get everything waxed,I need to order my dress now so I can get it fitted, and I damn sure have to get my hair done. Who wears braids to prom?