10 | the one in which he sings

The ambience of the firangi desi cafe was beautiful

The ambience of the firangi desi cafe was beautiful. Hardwood flooring accompanied the wooden dining sets for its customers. electrical and candlelit Lamps fell in suspension from the designer ceiling. Potted plants dotted every windowpane as well as the centres of every dining set as a centrepiece of the tables. Sunlight enveloped the room in varying colours thanks to the coloured-mural glasses of the window. Sometimes blue, sometimes a little red and pink, sometimes yellow and sometimes green; the lights sparkled all over the cafe areas. At the right-hand side of the cafe, there was a counter tucked in the corner. A huge chalkboard menu laid at the top of the counter with varying snacks for these early hours of the day.

Despite its hipster and western outlook, the cafe laid an abundance options of desi snacks. From Gujarat's masala papad to the varying types of momos from the north east and from Punjab's cold lassi to sound Indian's masala dosa; this place had all the major snacks.

I was impressed by everything at arrival. Even without meeting Kiaan, I had discovered he was a man to be trusted with all things related to food. For who does a better job than a foodie? And he had to be a foodie to be able to discover this place.

I took out the portable camera from my sling bag and replaced it with the phone in my hand. A quick recording of the ambience and zooming on the food menu was enough for me to settle with for my content.

Everything is going as planned. All good and set. Only need to finish this date on time! I made several mental notes to myself as I overlooked over the masses of people, trying to find my date.

It wasn't hard to find Kiaan Smith from amongst the crowd. His beachy hair and overly wide grin pulled your attention at first sight. There sat a really sweet looking guy under blue light cast from a nearby window, in all his earthly glory.

Of course, it's blue.

"You brought the ocean feels on our table, I see," I said, pulling my feet to a stop at our table. "Do you mind if I vlog these ocean vibes? My cameramen can't get in so I'm the woman assigned for the job."

He chuckled, his eyes lighting up with playfulness. "You can never take the ocean away from the swimmer. And sure! I mean, isn't that why we're here? For the show?"

"Thanks for your cooperation! And right, I choose my consequence when I agreed to go on a date with you." I shrugged, throwing in a fake pout as I took my seat. He all but laughed at my expression, smacking the table with the palm of his hand. I placed the tiny camera on the table up against the wall that the table leaned against so it could record the side profiles of both mine and his. After a quick hit of settings to keep it recording, I threw a wide smile at him.  

"Oh man, you…" he said in between strong gasps of laughter, "You're something else."

"Why do people keep saying that? Geez."