Chapter 12:

We get to the door and Blue and I are on a cloud. I hold his hand and he is smiling down at me. He unlocks the door and the place is an absolute mess. His smile quickly fades.

" Stay here and don't move."

" Don't leave me." I pout.

" I'm keeping you out of harms way. Scream if you need me."

He heads inside. My heart races. He appears in five minutes. I finally breathe. I didn't realize I was holding my breath. He pulls me into the house.

" I'll be back."

" Where are you going?"

" To find Max. I know he did this."

He hands me a gun. " Don't open the door for anybody. I have the key."

He heads for the door. "Blue...wait..."

" What?!" He turns around.

I walk up to him and give him a kiss. " Be careful please. I love you."

" I love you too." He walks out of the door and slams it behind him. Every time something gets good, Max always messes it up.

My phone rings. I look at the screen. Speaking of the devil. Why can't he just let me be?

" What do you want?!"

" You." He answers.

Red places her hand on her forehead. She's exhausted. " Max...this is crazy. I'm in love. I'm happy. I just.." Her voice cracks as she starts to cry. " I just want to be happy. I don't want anything to do with you. Please leave me alone."

" You'll be happy only when I say you can be happy. You better tell ol dude to watch his back. You can't run forever." He hangs up. I take a seat on the couch and cry harder. I decide to call Blue.

" Yes?"

" Come home." I sniff.

" What? Why? Are you okay?"

"Please just come home. I'll tell you when you get here."

" Okay baby. Here I come." Blue does an u-turn.

" Thank you."

    Blue comes flying through the door. " Baby. You alright?"