Chapter Nineteen.

Forty minutes later Steven was sat on the sofa comforting Ellie while Peter and Mary were in the kitchen talking and comforting each other. Having finally heard the full extent of the nightmare that was their baby girls relationship to a monster. Charlotte being emotionally exhausted after a stressful twelve hours and having had to relive the worst time of hers and her daughters lives, had fallen asleep on the sofa, her head resting on Ellie's lap.

"We've got a warrant out for his arrest. We will catch him. With all of this evidence and previous cases, he'll go away for a very long time. I will however suggest both Charlotte and Rosie stay somewhere safe until he is apprehended. I'll be in touch with any new information."

"Thank you, officers." William showed them out as Ben walked in the room carrying Rosie.

"My poor baby." Mary sobbed.

"They'll be coming to stay with us. We'll go to the house, pack them some things and they'll come back with us." Peter told her s he held her close.

"No." Everyone turned to look at Steve. A deep frown forming on Bens brow.

"What do you mean no?" Peter shot back.

"They're not coming to stay with you dad." He told him.

"They're not going home Steven!" The usually placid man starting to get agitated.

"Guys, don't argue..." Ben tried to say before it became more heated.

"They're not going home either!" He shouted back, standing from the sofa. Ben handed Rosie to Will as he walked over to stand in front of Steve.

"Ste, dont fight with your dad. Don't let Jack win. He's not worth it!" He put his hand on his best friends chest in a bid to calm him down.

"She isn't going home; she isn't staying with mum and dad! He knows where you live! He knows where I live and he knows where Ellie, Sally and Billie live! They're going to have to stay here!" He said.

"What?" Ben turned back to him looking confused, though he was secretly elated because thats what he had wanted.

"He doesn't know where you live mate. Even if he finds out, that security door is tighter than a ducks arse! He's not getting in here." He looked Ben in the eye almost pleading with him. Turning back to look at Peter. "Dad he can keep them safe until that cunt is locked up."

"Steven! Don't use that word! Heavens sake!" Mary scolded him.

"Ben, back me up here. It makes sense them staying here. If he did turn up, you can defend them easier than dad ever could. Let's be honest, he's not getting any younger." Him and Ben sniggered.

"Ben?" He looked up to see Rosie stood in the door holding his dad's hand. "Can we stay with you? Please." Her eyes all red and puffy from crying and her bottom lip trembling.

"Of course, you can Rosie!" He smiled at her and she ran to him and he lifted her up and hugged her tight. "Ive got you. You'll be safe here sweetheart." He gave her a kiss on the side of her head.

"It's settled then." Peter said pleased with the outcome. "Are you going to get them some things from home?" He asked his son.

"Yeah, me and Tash will go get them some bits. Do you want a lift home El?" He turned to his sister who was sat quietly stroking Charlottes hair.

"If you don't mind." She said without looking up.

"I drove Peter and Mary over, so I'll take them home. Benji" Ben looked to his dad. "Call if you need anything." He nodded to his dad before placing Rosie next to her mum. He followed them all to the front door. Pete lingering behind.