Chapter Nine.

It was the following Thursday afternoon. The staff had all gone home for a long weekend, given to them for all having worked exceptionally hard to get a heavy deadline met. There were a few stragglers finishing off little bits that they didn't want to have to come back to next week.

Charlotte was sat in her father and Williams office going over any meetings they had for the following week, while they packed away their things ready to leave.

"Im off home!" Steve shouted through the office door. "Ben is still outside finishing off something, make sure you tell Stan, so that he doesnt lock him out there."

"Will do, I'll be here for a while anyway." His sister said.

"Are we still picking Rosie up tomorrow, after school?" He asked.

"If you don't mind! I need to get all the stuff ready for her party on Saturday." She smiled as she stood from the chair she was sat in.

"Why don't you bring her to ours for dinner Steve? Once you're done with what plans you have. She can stay at ours too if you like. Give you peace to set everything up Saturday morning then." Peter added with a smile as they all headed out of the office.

"You wouldn't mind?" Charlotte enquired, earning a snort from her brother.

"Ask a silly question!" He muttered under his breath.

"Miss an opportunity for me and mum to have our little flower?! Of course not!" He replied then swatted Steve on the arm for trying to be funny.

"Thanks dad. See you all on Saturday!" She said as she walked in to her own office and they headed out the front door.

"Knock! Knock!" Came the sound of Bens voice from the door way. "I found this little package sat on the floor by reception." He added, causing Charlotte to look up from the paper she was currently reading over.

"Mum!" Rosie squealed as she ran in to the office.

"Hi baby! How was school?" She responded while wrapping her arms around her.

"Really fun! Everyone is looking forward to my party!" She grinned with big wide blue eyes showing nothing but excitement. "Aunt Ellie said she couldn't stop; she has to get a big surprise ready for the party." Charlotte smirked knowing exactly where her sister was going.

"I'll be in the office sorting some notes, shout when you're leaving and I'll head out with you both." Ben smiled as he walked to his and Steves office.

"Are you hungry or thirsty sweetie? I have a little bit left to do but we can go grab something from the machine if you are."

"Can I have some chocolate!" She asked.

"Lets go see what we can find yeah." She smiled.

Walking back towards her office they notice someone looking around the reception area.

"Mummy, whos that?" Rosie whispered taking hold of her mums hand.

As she went to call out to the person, they turned around causing her to stop in her tracks and gently push Rosie behind her. Her heart rate picking up at the sight of him stood there.

 Her heart rate picking up at the sight of him stood there