➶ 13

WITH THREE MONTHS passing in a blur, it came as a surprise to see that I had managed to survive for this long. Making enemies without trying could be considered a talent. But true to my words, I ever so slowly began to release private information about the Montgomery's. From blackmailing, stealing ideas from smaller businesses, the scandals of Natalia, and the death of Gracie Sommers, there was no hope in trying to save what was already lost. When a world-renowned investor made it known to the public that they were no longer supporting Vincent Montgomery and withdrew all investments, all other investors did the same. And instead of filing for bankruptcy, the largest enterprise in the world—Storm Corps, offered to buy them out. When the billionaire's list came out before the news, I had seen Vincent Montgomery on there. And as quick as it came, the list underwent repairs and updated a new list without him. That alone was good enough for me. 

And as for Natalia, I'd seen her meet secretly with the Headmistress to sign her withdrawal forms. This would be considered her last week at St. Blair's. Rumours spread that her family was forced to return back to Moscow to reflect on the severity of their actions. I giggled at the idea of Natalia on a farm, wearing tattered clothing as she milked a cow. It was far-fetched to think since Moscow was beautiful and that she was far too spoiled. But with her day-to-day lifestyle, I highly doubted that she would be sipping on a lavish cocktail on a resort somewhere. She certainly couldn't afford to hire private designers to make her a new outfit for every day of the week either. 

I even had been kind enough to graciously bless Vincent Montgomery with a call, to which he immediately picked up with a hostile tone. "How the fuck did you manage to do it?" 

"You sound angry at me," I replied sadly, "Shouldn't you start off with a friendly greeting?" I questioned, adding playfully, "You were so desperate that you accepted less than a billion, huh? It must be difficult to readjust your lifestyle. After all, you aren't used to a couple hundred million compared to the billions you used to make." 

He gritted out, "What have we ever done to you?"

"It's what you have done to others," I drawled, "You're the typical rich person, acting high and mighty. You destroy lives because you don't like them," I retorted slyly, "I'm simply showing you how it feels. Oh, and because your daughter started it first. I'm quite petty, you know." 

"THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON business classes along with a few students from the fashion department will be going on an exclusive trip to France next weekend," announced my favourite professor

"THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON business classes along with a few students from the fashion department will be going on an exclusive trip to France next weekend," announced my favourite professor. "Flight and accommodations will be handled by the academy," and I felt the icy gazes of everyone in the lecture hall. I happened to be the only scholarship student in the morning class. My black blazer and plaid skirt truly stood out. Noticing the excitement of an unexpected trip, I scanned the room. Catching August's eye, I had nearly forgotten we were in the same class. Sending me a wink with a cheeky smile, I whipped my head back to focus on Professor Lawing and pretended I didn't notice Nicolas's nosy behaviour.